Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Memory Stick XC Compatibility?

  
  1. #1
    aozgolo is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Memory Stick XC Compatibility?

    I just heard about the new expanded capacity memory sticks that Sony and Sandisk have been working on together, which seem to be sticking to the same form at the Memory Stick Duo... is there any speculation yet on whether these new Memory Stick XC's will be compatible with current PSPs? (PSP-3000 and PSP-GO)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_...emory_Stick_XC

    EDIT: Direct Source: https://www.oss-formats.org/en/memor...utline/xc.html

    Last edited by aozgolo; 01-26-2010 at 04:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Ninja88 is offline -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Power
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aozgolo View Post
    I just heard about the new expanded capacity memory sticks that Sony and Sandisk have been working on together, which seem to be sticking to the same form at the Memory Stick Duo... is there any speculation yet on whether these new Memory Stick XC's will be compatible with current PSPs? (PSP-3000 and PSP-GO)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_...emory_Stick_XC
    the psp go has no memory stick slot,, has internal storage

  3. #3
    aozgolo is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marka-Ragnos View Post
    the psp go has no memory stick slot,, has internal storage
    Sorry, forgot about that part, I have a 3000 and that's mainly what I was curious about

  4. #4
    slacker1987 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marka-Ragnos View Post
    the psp go has no memory stick slot,, has internal storage
    It has a Memory Stick Micro slot...

  5. #5
    Ryu's Avatar
    Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dologany
    Posts
    19,190
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    psp GO HAS a memory stick slot
    is can uses Memory Stick Micro or M2 card



    the psp may just need a FW update to use Memory Stick XC Duo

    here the different types
    Memory Stick XC Duo
    Memory Stick XC-HG Duo
    Memory Stick XC Micro (M2 XC)
    Memory Stick XC-HG Micro (M2 XC-HG)

    PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

    2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

    3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

  6. #6
    Ninja88 is offline -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Power
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slacker1987 View Post
    It has a Memory Stick Micro slot...
    forgot abt that tx

  7. #7
    pirata nervo is offline Programmer -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,529
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    psp GO HAS a memory stick slot
    is can uses Memory Stick Micro or M2 card



    the psp may just need a FW update to use Memory Stick XC Duo

    here the different types
    That made me lol, good explanation though
    Console Addicted - The news about your console, every day!
    Console Addicted Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •