Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New user, simple question...hoping someone can answer.

corum1337 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default New user, simple question...hoping someone can answer.

Alright, I have read a bit in these forums...but since I just found this site today, I have a long ways to go. So if you get upset with me because the questions I want to ask have already been answered in another forum...I was trying to save myself a lil time is all.

Thank you tax season for putting some extra money in my pocket, and helping me to realize I need a PSP or GO. Here is the thing...I do buy games, but I'm not going to say I don't acquire them through questionable means as well. For instance, I'm not going to run out and buy a game for my girlfriend in hopes she likes it.

I have read enough to know the PSPGo is not able to be hacked or modded to play DLed games (only homebrews). Also, the fact you can't buy used games on eBay for the Go is a bit of a downer too. However, the Go seems to be strictly better in design and form than the 3000 (or other versions).

Does anyone happen to have both? If you have a 3000...how many hoops do you have to jump through to backdate the FW to one that will play downloaded games? I see a good number of places to do that...1.5 seeming to be the most popular.

If it was as easy as the R4 chip is for the DSi...I wouldn't have this problem

I'm eager to learn and just want to make sure I get the right one. If it's a total pain switching around the 3000, I'll just get a Go and pay for everything. If not so much, I'll save the money from the Go and get a 3000.

Ninja88 is offline -Hacks Guru

If you have a 3000...how many hoops do you have to jump through to backdate the FW to one that will play downloaded games?
    u mean downgrade?

u cant downgrade the psp 3000 and some of the psp 2000's the unhackable ones.

u need to have ofw 5.03 on the 3000 to run cfw and play iso/cso..

Quote Originally Posted by Marka-Ragnos View Post
    u mean downgrade?

u cant downgrade the psp 3000 and some of the psp 2000's the unhackable ones.

u need to have ofw 5.03 on the 3000 to run cfw and play iso/cso..
    Thanks for the reply. I thought I read that you could run the cfw and downgrade the fw on the system. Clearly based on what you are saying...that isn't so much the case.

So it sounds like a 1000 is the way to go if I am looking to mod it for download play?

Ninja88 is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by corum1337 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I thought I read that you could run the cfw and downgrade the fw on the system. Clearly based on what you are saying...that isn't so much the case.

So it sounds like a 1000 is the way to go if I am looking to mod it for download play?
    u can still play iso/cso on the 3000 provided it came with official firmware 5.03 or less by enabling chickhen and running temp cfw.. but the only way you would know is by actually switching on the psp and checking the firmware wen u get a brand new one..

so yea go with either the psp 1000 or the hackable 2000..

Quote Originally Posted by Marka-Ragnos View Post
    u can still play iso/cso on the 3000 provided it came with official firmware 5.03 or less by enabling chickhen and running temp cfw.. but the only way you would know is by actually switching on the psp and checking the firmware wen u get a brand new one..

so yea go with either the psp 1000 or the hackable 2000..
    Does the temp cfw run in the background and override the official fw? It sounds to me like I run a pretty bad risk of getting a 3000 with newer than 5.03 on it from eBay...boo!

I assume you have to turn on the 2000 to know if it's hackable too?

I'm reading the hack guide right now...hoping to get these questions answered so I don't have to take up peoples time.

Argeoff is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by corum1337 View Post
    Does the temp cfw run in the background and override the official fw? It sounds to me like I run a pretty bad risk of getting a 3000 with newer than 5.03 on it from eBay...boo!

I assume you have to turn on the 2000 to know if it's hackable too?

I'm reading the hack guide right now...hoping to get these questions answered so I don't have to take up peoples time.
    The CFW will be there until u reboot your psp or let your batt. go dead , so the best thing for a 3000 is to let it stay in standby mode.

I believe u mean 3000, ya i guess so, u will have to on it to find out...

U could get a 2000 with a fully hackable motherboard, that way u can have the full benefits of CFW
    Proud Owner : PSP 2000, Fully hackable mobo, 5.50 GEN-D2, 5.50 GEN-D3
    Fan Of One Piece, Chopper !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Argeoff View Post
    The CFW will be there until u reboot your psp or let your batt. go dead , so the best thing for a 3000 is to let it stay in standby mode.

I believe u mean 3000, ya i guess so, u will have to on it to find out...

U could get a 2000 with a fully hackable motherboard, that way u can have the full benefits of CFW
    I really appreciate the answers to my questions. It's nice to know not all forums are full of people who are internet tough guys

Alright, so it sounds like a 1000 is the easiest to get hacked...and the 2000 is a close second. Is there an easy way to check if the 2000 is hackable? I am going to assume no...

Argeoff is offline -Hacks Ninja

U could check the box letter of the psp, never tried it myself, but i heard it is a pretty good way.

Read this http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f117...9/#post1262002

And for 2000, there is a few limited edition pack that is confirm to be hackable. I think the God of war is, i am not so sure.

I personally love 2000s, particularly for its thinness and lightness
    Proud Owner : PSP 2000, Fully hackable mobo, 5.50 GEN-D2, 5.50 GEN-D3
    Fan Of One Piece, Chopper !!!

Ironfist03 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Someone correct me if im wrong, but I believe corum, that all 1000's are completely hackable, and if you find one it is deffinately your best option.

This is another good thread to decide which psp to grab.
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f127...-here-t235073/

But yeah in my opinion any 1000's series is the best to pick up.

Here's another link to a good thread showing which psp's are hackable and which aren't, if you go down to 11. on the list there is a small table showing the information

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f127...e-get-t248285/

Hope i helped.

Ironfist

Awesome, thanks a ton! I'm gunna read up over my lunch and get this figured out. I was pretty much sold on the Go just from a comfort and size stand point. But now, I'm thinking the 2000 is the way to go.

Am I to assume this Pandora Battery thing is a requirement? It seems to be mentioned everywhere...and I like the fact it will un-brick my PSP if something happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast