Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $15 psp = WIN!

JoblessPunk is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Default $15 psp = WIN!

haha,
    First off I have to say I love Craigslist. Once you understand how to buy/sell with Craigslist it is a great way to get things cheap.

A few days ago a person got a hold of me saying they had a broken PSP. I asked them the normal questions trying to get the feel of what is wrong with it and if the PSP had a hackable motherboard. If I come to the conclusion that the PSP does not have a hackable motherboard then I pass on the PSP. The guy was offering what sounded like a PSP with a non-hackable motherboard and the LCD Screen was the only thing that was broken. I would usually say "no thanks" and move on, but I talked the price down so low that I couldn't pass it up.

I meet up with him and he shows me the PSP. It's a Black PSP 2000 with NOT A SCRATCH ON IT. I mean brand spanking new, the joystick even still has that "new feel"! I'm thinking, "sweet, I got some good parts + brand new PSP casing." I give him the $15 and we go our separate ways. When I get home I start taking the PSP apart to remove the LCD Screen and take the parts I want. I get down to removing the motherboard and guess what version it is... TA-085! I was so shocked that the PSP would look this new, HACKABLE and the ONLY thing broken was LCD Screen!

I swapped the LCD Screen out with an extra LCD Screen I had, updated the FW to GEN 5.50-D3 and voila! A brand new Black PSP 2000 running CFW and bought it for $15.

This is by far the best deal I have ever got on a PSP. A PSP for $15 and an LCD screen that I took out of a PSP that I bought for $25 and then sold for $95.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta... ahaha!

Last edited by JoblessPunk; 02-08-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Xartz is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by JoblessPunk View Post
    haha,
    First off I have to say I love Craigslist. Once you understand how to buy/sell with Craigslist it is a great way to get things cheap.

A few days ago a person got a hold of me saying they had a broken PSP. I asked them the normal questions trying to get the feel of what is wrong with it and if the PSP had a hackable motherboard. If I come to the conclusion that the PSP does not have a hackable motherboard then I pass on the PSP. The guy was offering what sounded like a PSP with a non-hackable motherboard and the LCD Screen was the only thing that was broken. I would usually say "no thanks" and move on, but I talked the price down so low that I couldn't pass it up.

I meet up with him and he shows me the PSP. It's a Black PSP 2000 with NOT A SCRATCH ON IT. I mean brand spanking new, the joystick even still has that "new feel"! I'm thinking, "sweet, I got some good parts + brand new PSP casing." I give him the $15 and we go our separate ways. When I get home I start taking the PSP apart to remove the LCD Screen and take the parts I want. I get down to removing the motherboard and guess what version it is... TA-085! I was so shocked that the PSP would look this new, HACKABLE and the ONLY thing broken was LCD Screen!

I swapped the LCD Screen out with an extra LCD Screen I had, updated the FW to GEN 5.50-D3 and voila! A brand new Black PSP 2000 running CFW and bought it for $15.

This is by far the best deal I have ever got on a PSP. A PSP for $15 and an LCD screen that I took out of a PSP that I bought for $25 and then sold for $95.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta... ahaha!
    Lucky you
    But there r still hackable psp slims here in my country. I even took 1 to my hand in an store. but they demand too much money. they say Rs 34000 that amounts to roughly 340$. Still worth, istnt it?
    PSP 2006 chickHEN+5.03 GEN-C (full)

JoblessPunk is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Xartz View Post
    Lucky you
    But there r still hackable psp slims here in my country. I even took 1 to my hand in an store. but they demand too much money. they say Rs 34000 that amounts to roughly 340$. Still worth, istnt it?
    idk, seems pretty pricey.
    I would look around, try to get one that isn't in a store, you will have better luck getting a cheaper price tag.

Xartz is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Yeah
    I m in a undecided situation. If there is no other cheap option i might go for it. You might be amazed to know that the average price of a PSP 2000 v3 if around 27500Rs (275$) which i have lol. mainly for absurd TAXING ha ha. Living in a 3rd world country is like shit.
    PSP 2006 chickHEN+5.03 GEN-C (full)

Ninja88 is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xartz View Post
    Yeah
    I m in a undecided situation. If there is no other cheap option i might go for it. You might be amazed to know that the average price of a PSP 2000 v3 if around 27500Rs (275$) which i have lol. mainly for absurd TAXING ha ha. Living in a 3rd world country is like shit.
    er , brand new psp 3000 costs 9,500 rs(india) thats about 200$ ..

neo149 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Marka-Ragnos View Post
    er , brand new psp 3000 costs 9,500 rs(india) thats about 200$ ..
    yea 9.5k for a new psp 3000 on 5.03ofw in india
    but psp 2k(fully hackable) costs abt 14.5k thts abt $290
    used 1k costs around 5k($100)
    taxation might jus push these prices to pure absurdity
    PSP :5.03 genc(full)(psp 3k4)
    PLAYING:daxter
    PC:AMD Phenom x3 8450,GeForce 8600(256MB DDR3)

wantedbymany is offline -Hacks Smarty

nice.

i just recently got a 1001 for free, it wouldnt turn on. to check if it was a power switch problem i put in my pandora battery and guess what? i now have a psp 1001 with 5.00 M33-4 and all i need to buy is the power switch board and the home/select button bar.

so like $10 for this 1001 that ive been needing for like 6 months,lol.
    PSP1=(PHAT)TA-081:1.50>2.71>2.80>1.50>3.03 OE-C>3.30 OE-A.(destroyed) R.I.P
    PSP2=(PHAT)TA-082:2.71>4.01 M33-2.(destroyed) R.I.P
    PSP3=(Slim 3000)5.50 OFW PSP4=(PHAT)3.80 M33

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Nice job with the deals guys

chiruscan is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I got a PSP-1000 for 90 bucks with 2 batteries that had OFW 5.03 on it. I got a new faceplate for it online for 5$.

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

My first hackable PSP i bought from my friend. It was a PSP 1k for roughly $20 and then spent $6 on a pandora. ~$26.
    Sold it for ~$50+.

Bought a Star Wars white 2000 for $120 at Gamestop. Hacked it and found out it had a TA-085v1 motherboard. I was ecstatic to say the least. I knew it would be hackable, I just was not expecting a TA-085v1.

Un®est®i©ted™

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast