Thread: possible simple fix for the drifting analog button problem

noppa is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default possible simple fix for the drifting analog button problem

Hi guys, I own a psp 1000 which i have had since release it has seen A LOT of usage naturally ( like 705 hours of monhun freedom 2 ) anyway recently my analog button started drifting and I thought first that maybe it needs to be cleaned and I opened it and did just that, failing to fix it that way I thought first that it must be replaced being worn out from overuse,, however the problem for some reason was simply that having dropped my psp on many occasions the screws that hold the shell togather have become loose making the fit less tight this alone was causing the analog button to drift for some reason..

so I took some tape and I taped the sides close togather which permanently fixed the problem, so before u buy a new analog button check and see if your psp isnt loose naturally you can just replace the shell instead of taping it which no doubt will look a lot better than mine does atm =)

hope it helps someone!

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

You don't have to tape it, just tighten the screws on the back.

Un®est®i©ted™

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

On my PSP the screw hole was stripped out so the screw wouldn't tighten. The tape trick fixed my analog stick.

nyr2k2 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post
    On my PSP the screw hole was stripped out so the screw wouldn't tighten. The tape trick fixed my analog stick.
    Same here. Screw wouldn't tighten any further. I actually ended up using epoxy after awhile, which worked like a charm.