Thread: Ereader for psp 3k/go?

noppa is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Ereader for psp 3k/go?

I really would like to get the psp 3k or psp Go havent decided on which one yet =) but my biggest problem is that the only ereader I know "Bookr" only works with custom fw :/ and since I mostly use my psp to read books the lack of a ereader would be a deal breaker for me.

so does anyone know of a way to read pdf/txt/pdb documents on psp3k/go or perhaps an ereader that doesnt require cfw?

psychobadger is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I know you can read txt's through the browser but it's not very convenient
    There may be some portals for the browser which may improve its ereader functionality

thanks I will look into it its a start I guess but pdf is much more important for me also I doubt you would be able to bookmark pages via browser :/ .. I am honestly not to hopeful for a solution to this since I am thinking sony doesnt want an ereader on psp because it would render the sony ereader useless!

but still would be awesome if there is a solution.

Look around this site and try out what they've got you never know what you might find

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

If you absolutely want a psp-3000 then try to buy an older one that would have firmware of 5.03 or lower. Then you could use CFW. I recommend buying a fully hackable slim or a phat psp. I have sooo much fun with mine. I don't think I'd like a psp-3000 or a go at all.

oh an iphone emulator that can be loaded via browser thanks a bunch looks interesting going to try it out when i get home, can anyone confirm if this needs cfw to work?

---

@Organized_Chaos , hehe well I already have a downgraded psp 1k thats working perfectly but with the use of tape! and a psp 2k also downgraded that is sort of broken but no one knows what the problem is ( not even people here! ) so its pretty much a lost cause to fix it .. and well I cant really be sure if the psp 3k I get will be 5.03 I dont think they will let me open up the box and look and no psp 2ks are sold new anymore in Sweden.. But I mainly want to have the new psp because of the better screen and maybe a go because of the size that is if I can get a working ereader on them I buy games so I can live with not having iso loader.

No cfw needed there are loads of portals you might be able to find one that suits your needs
    They just use css html javascript and flash

@psychobadger, thanks for the insight I got the ipsp to work but it doesnt have a document reader however the whole flash portal solution is promising I will keep looking to see if there are any ereaders that can be launched via browser =)

thanks again