Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 16GB Sandisk vs 16GB Sony pro duo

Orochimaru700 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default 16GB Sandisk vs 16GB Sony pro duo

hey guys, just wondering which of these memories is the best for psp 3000, coz someone in the other forum says that sony pro duo is the best for CHICKHEN users, can anyone verify this? i'm about to buy a new one and original (magic gate supported)... anyone here using Sandisk 16 GB memory stick magic gate supported?

Sandisk 16GB is cheaper than Sony 16GB pro duo, and i'm thinking that sandisk will load slower than sony pro duo, just prove me wrong...

Mac2468 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I think sony's have a little higher read/write speed but other than that they're the same. I don't see how one brand would be better than another for activating CHICKHEN.

Mick is offline Coma -Hacks Titan

photofast cr-5400 + 2x8gb micro sd's

chiruscan is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I have the Sandisk and have had no problems with it.

certa is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I think San Disk is better then Sony when it comes to memory, but that's just me.
    psp3k 3g 6.20 Pro-C2 cr5400 with 2x 16gb scdhc Super Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Dungeons Frack mod IV, Megaman Maverick Hunter X booker8.1 with 20ebooks, //fully working mp3prx with all songs// ps3phat 80gig kmeaw 3.55 SSFIV Arcade ed., Dark Souls, REOperation Raccoon City, Borderlands 1

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by certa View Post
    I think San Disk is better then Sony when it comes to memory, but that's just me.
    No it's not. They both have 2000MB exact of memory. It's a standard.
    The sandisk 2gb that I had was painfully slow compared to a Sony Mark 2 1GB I had. I suggest going with Sony or getting a photofast 2x MicroSD to MS Pro Duo adapter. Just get two class 6 8gb microsd's.

Un®est®i©ted™

Tse
    Tse is offline -Hacks Newbie

I am using 16g sandisk an i am perfectly satisfied it's pretty fast and pretty cheap i'd said
    The only disadvantage it is that from 16g remain 14,8g it eats you 1,2g (nothing to do with the psp)

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Considering SanDisk and Sony worked together to make memory sticks, and contain some of the same components... it doesn't matter much . They are one in the same basically.
    Yet surprisingly, most tests prove Sony cards are actually slower than their SanDisk counterpart. And more expensive. Slower and costs more, sounds like the Sony Vaio. Or their LCD TVs. Funny how that works.

You can see Sony fail here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/downloads/MSTest.pdf

If you are comparing a SanDisk to a Sony 1:1, SanDisk wins. Don't compare a standard to a M2, it's like comparing red to black. Only compare black to black, considering both Sandisk and sony have M2's. I think SanDisk calls them Ultra's, or they have the high-end Extreme series.

SanDisk is the master of flash memory.

Just remember to take into account the PSP Phat read/right maxes at under 16MB/s. Most people only get about 8-10MB/s as the RAM is being used by the OS. The Slim has an internal RAM of 64MB, so you may see a difference with it, but I haven't seen any tests for the 2000/3000 so I couldn't tell you.
    You don't need some blazing fast card. It will just cut down on the time it takes to copy stuff from your PC to the card. On the PSP itself it makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetheif View Post
    No it's not. They both have 2000MB exact of memory. It's a standard.
    How the hell did you get the size of the memory out of that? He never mentioned anything to do with size!

He stated "I think San Disk is better then Sony when it comes to memory".

That clearly means he thinks SanDisk makes better Flash memory hardware than Sony.. Nothing to do with size.

Oh, btw, there is no "standard" "2000mb". It's 2048mb. If you are going to correct him for a fictitious comment about size, and least get the "standard" size right.
    Last edited by Zero; 04-08-2010 at 10:34 AM.

certa is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

As I was saying... Sandisk = More for the money, it's not all about brand name status... I drive a Toyota and not a Lexus for a reason. I don't care about names people tag on stuff for status.
    psp3k 3g 6.20 Pro-C2 cr5400 with 2x 16gb scdhc Super Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Dungeons Frack mod IV, Megaman Maverick Hunter X booker8.1 with 20ebooks, //fully working mp3prx with all songs// ps3phat 80gig kmeaw 3.55 SSFIV Arcade ed., Dark Souls, REOperation Raccoon City, Borderlands 1

sirtifiedacc is offline -Hacks Member

I've got two 8GB MK2s and one 16GB MK2... all for multiple uses, and I have no complaints.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast