View Poll Results: How much would you be willing to donate?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spare change.

4 12.50%
  • $1 - $5

5 15.63%
  • $5 - $10

4 12.50%
  • $10 - $20

5 15.63%
  • $20 - $30

3 9.38%
  • More then $30.

11 34.38%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Donation estimate for 6.20 CFW

popinadam is offline -Hacks Newbie

Question Donation estimate for 6.20 CFW

Just out of my own curiosity I was wondering how much the community would be willing to donate of their own money towards the first person/persons with a working CFW that gives the ability for a 6.20FW PSP to play cso/iso official games?

There will be nothing official about this thread in any way, like i said it's just for my own curiosity. I personally would be listing myself between the $10 - $20 range ...

Feel free to post your thoughts everyone!

certa is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

30$ If I got promised updates everytime sony came out with something to block me (e.g. Sony comes out with 7.02 only games, I would expect an update within a week of their release.). 0$ if not.

I didn't vote because as you have it, the only thing I can't really play is Kingdom Hearts and I think God Eater, but I also haven't tried playing them so I wouldn't know for sure.
    Last edited by certa; 04-08-2010 at 04:08 AM.
    psp3k 3g 6.20 Pro-C2 cr5400 with 2x 16gb scdhc Super Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Dungeons Frack mod IV, Megaman Maverick Hunter X booker8.1 with 20ebooks, //fully working mp3prx with all songs// ps3phat 80gig kmeaw 3.55 SSFIV Arcade ed., Dark Souls, REOperation Raccoon City, Borderlands 1

Quote Originally Posted by certa View Post
    30$ If I got promised updates everytime sony came out with something to block me (e.g. Sony comes out with 7.02 only games, I would expect an update within a week of their release.).
    I agree with that, that would be much more worth my dollars. It would be quite a bold claim though and i'm sure very difficult to live up to.

Nightmare-Rex is offline -Hacks Smarty

if it was pandora for the 3k than yea

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare-Rex View Post
    if it was pandora for the 3k than yea
    Do you suppose a pandora for the Go would be too far fetched of an idea? I know the battery in the Go isn't as accessible as the previous models though. I wonder if it even has any type of service mode built-in at all ....

pspjoke is offline Programmer -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pspjoke View Post
    6.20 CFW already exists.. its just not practical so a release is pointless.
    Feel free to expand on what exactly is not practical and what is pointless because I honestly dont know what you mean by that.

fearless1964 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by popinadam View Post
    Feel free to expand on what exactly is not practical and what is pointless because I honestly dont know what you mean by that.
    Team GEN already made 6.xx GEN...but since the majority of homebrew is designed for the 5.xx kernel.....we dont know how different the 5.xx and 6.xx kernels are....so most likely all homebrew developers would have to release a new version of their apps to work with the 6.xx kernel. Plus almost all games that require 6.xx OFW still plays on 5.50 GEN-D.....some plays on 5.00 M33-6 with a little patching....so like pspjoke said its pointless....read what Team GEN said...
    http://pspcustomfirmware.com/feature...or-6-20gen.htm
    PSP(1001):PANDORA->5.00 M33-6 w/ 1.50 Add-On
    PSP(2001)TA-085v2:PANDORA->5.50 GEN-D3

Quote Originally Posted by fearless1964 View Post
    Team GEN already made 6.xx GEN...but since the majority of homebrew is designed for the 5.xx kernel.....we dont know how different the 5.xx and 6.xx kernels are....so most likely all homebrew developers would have to release a new version of their apps to work with the 6.xx kernel. Plus almost all games that require 6.xx OFW still plays on 5.50 GEN-D.....some plays on 5.00 M33-6 with a little patching....so like pspjoke said its pointless....read what Team GEN said...
    There will always be new updates from Sony just as there are from Microsoft. Unfortunately it seems the Playstation dev scene doesn't have the same support as does the xbox. Hopefully that will change in time *crosses fingers* Maybe with the right funding some will switch their efforts .

I'm not so concerned about the homebrew myself but at least that's the start to the 6.20 development. I personally have a PspGo which means I can't play any iso/cso games yet and I would assume there are plenty other go and 3000 owners that wouldn't mind that capability. So for me and I'm sure plenty of others it wouldn't be "pointless".

kosovo is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by fearless1964 View Post

is this for PSP 3004 ?
    PSP 3004 > CFW 6.10

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast