Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: building a psp laptop, keyboard assistance.

SPC
    SPC is offline -Hacks Newbie

So I can make a PSP work even half decently in the sun? Thats nice, I'll be looking into that. Anyways, i think at this point I'm gonna give up on this, and just make my PSP the best i can, and just find some case big enough for everything, rather then trying to cram it into a nice small package.

Luciend is offline -Hacks Newbie

think this is a great post. One thing that I find the most helpful is number five. I've heard of doing this with desktop keyboards but not laptop keyboards. If this is indeed the case, give the keyboard some time to air, or blow canned air on it like previously stated. All the water needs to be evaporated before the keyboard will work.
    Last edited by Luciend; 12-31-2010 at 02:01 AM.

McPhail is offline -Hacks Member
    Near a Tree by the River Theres a Hole in The Ground. I'm not there.

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    i don't, from what I understand, no usb keyboard works, because Sony never gave access to the drivers needed, but considering the ps3 chatpad is a sony made keyboard, maybe...

Slightly related, are any of the solar powered chargers any good? I know the PSP's screen is a little too dull to work outside, but do any of them work like those small calculators that work with artificial light?
    Not a big fan of solar. If I wanna work outside with my PSP, I pull out either a car battery or my Generator =P

However, on the keayboard, I've seen some hard mods to incorporate a XBox 360 ChatPad through the Headphone socket (the one by the 3.5mm driver jack), I think theres even a youtube video around there (I'll look for links shortly)

As for a USB, The PSP doesnt support it. I'm sure someone could program it, but theres very little demand for it. Sorry to be the one to say.

EDIT: Links are fun,heres the youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE08D5Fq9Ro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2