Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: building a psp laptop, keyboard assistance.

SPC
    SPC is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default building a psp laptop, keyboard assistance.

Alright, I'm building a PSP laptop like thing, I have a phat, 5.00 M33, I have a version of PSP VNC, I know for a fact it recognizes IR keyboards. But I've got a bit of a size restraints. I need to find a keyboard that fits within a 7" x 3.5" space, and preferable be under 25mm in thickness, but thats a tad flexible.

I have found one keyboard that almost fits the bill. Almost. This is the keyboard http://www.technospot.net/blogs/the-...-usb-keyboard/ but as you can see, its a USB keyboard. From what I understand, a PSP does not recognize them, or so I'm told.

I've been looking for either a way to adapt the keyboard previously mentioned to IR, or the PSP to work with USB, or an alternative that is suitable for my needs. Can anyone help? Any guides, tuts, or more preferably, commercial products, are appreciated.

Secret Dragoon is offline -Hacks Ninja

SPC

thanks for the link. While the layout isn't ideal, it does seem like it would work, I'm not entirely sure its IR compat, it says "2.4GHz DSSS radio transreceiver" does that means it is? if it does, then I'm better off then I was at least

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

It doesn't look like it's IR compatible

SPC

Alright, I'll fold. I wanted the keyboard to be small enough to keep it in the case, but I'm losing hope, I'll settle for any PDA keyboard that folded up will fit. If I have to take it out to use it, thats fine.

certa is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

maybe some kind of female usb - ir adapter if that exists...
    psp3k 3g 6.20 Pro-C2 cr5400 with 2x 16gb scdhc Super Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Dungeons Frack mod IV, Megaman Maverick Hunter X booker8.1 with 20ebooks, //fully working mp3prx with all songs// ps3phat 80gig kmeaw 3.55 SSFIV Arcade ed., Dark Souls, REOperation Raccoon City, Borderlands 1

SPC

yeah, i looked but couldn't find anything like that, the closest I could find were male ones, but I'm thinking they won't work because its a slave device, and so is a keyboard, perhaps if you could find something to go between them that could control them?

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

I don't know, but does the PS3 controller keyboard peripheral work? It has a Mini-B USB male connector that probably fits the PSP. I am just not sure the PSP would be able to read it.

Un®est®i©ted™

SPC

i don't, from what I understand, no usb keyboard works, because Sony never gave access to the drivers needed, but considering the ps3 chatpad is a sony made keyboard, maybe...

Slightly related, are any of the solar powered chargers any good? I know the PSP's screen is a little too dull to work outside, but do any of them work like those small calculators that work with artificial light?
    Last edited by SPC; 04-11-2010 at 06:39 PM.

certa is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    i don't, from what I understand, no usb keyboard works, because Sony never gave access to the drivers needed, but considering the ps3 chatpad is a sony made keyboard, maybe...

Slightly related, are any of the solar powered chargers any good? I know the PSP's screen is a little too dull to work outside, but do any of them work like those small calculators that work with artificial light?
    For solar panels, my ibook had one that I made out of 0.50 cent calculators, took the solar panels out of each until I had enough to cover the back side of the screen. Wish I would have took a picture of it but I didn't have a digital camera back then, I also didn't have electricity, not counting our car batteries, generators, solar panels and windmill.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...le-psp_556.htm

ClearTouch Anti-Glare Features:
    Anti-glare
    Dust repelling
    Bubble-free application
    Fingerprint Free
    Sized to specifically fit the Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP)
    Reduces 90% of UV rays caused by reflected light, protecting your eyes
    Washable and reusable
    Protects sensitive screen against scratches

Best screen protector imo.
    Last edited by certa; 04-12-2010 at 06:45 AM.
    psp3k 3g 6.20 Pro-C2 cr5400 with 2x 16gb scdhc Super Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Dungeons Frack mod IV, Megaman Maverick Hunter X booker8.1 with 20ebooks, //fully working mp3prx with all songs// ps3phat 80gig kmeaw 3.55 SSFIV Arcade ed., Dark Souls, REOperation Raccoon City, Borderlands 1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast