Thread: Getting a used psp, need advice.

Splitz is offline -Hacks Hacker

Default Getting a used psp, need advice.

Alright so like most americans I'm very impatient and can't stand waiting for the Half-bye loader to be complete for the go, as well as I'd like to have Custom firmware like I used to, so my question is when I go to gamestop, how do I identify what motherboard the psp has ( I'm getting an old school phat), It's been quite a while, but I remember there being a motherboard that could not load the 1.50 kernel or something so I'd like to know weather the psp phat has a motherboard which is unhackable.

Lastly, I believe I should only get it if it's below 5.03 correct? Or in the case that I can't find one, I can always buy a pandora battery and memory card, correct?

Thanks for the input.

certa is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

All Phats are hackable mobo.

Pretty sure all Phats have 1.5 as well, unless it's some Japanese psp.

You can purchase a phat psp above 5.03 but you'll need to make a pandora.

Also if it's used, idk what gamestore you got there, but we got Gamestop here, and I could actually throw some used UMD's in it or check system information before purchasing if I wanted.

If you want my PSP I will trade it to you for your Go lol. I am hopeful that hacks will come out for them.

I actually prefer the newest PSP that can be hacked, I like the 3k Button redesign specifically makes my psp more valuable to me then the older ones, but once the GO is hacked it will be the best imo.
    Last edited by certa; 04-13-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    psp3k 3g 6.20 Pro-C2 cr5400 with 2x 16gb scdhc Super Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Dungeons Frack mod IV, Megaman Maverick Hunter X booker8.1 with 20ebooks, //fully working mp3prx with all songs// ps3phat 80gig kmeaw 3.55 SSFIV Arcade ed., Dark Souls, REOperation Raccoon City, Borderlands 1

chiruscan is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Yup. All Phats are hackable.

Just go in and ask to check out their Phats. Look at the firmware. If you want to do the least work possible like I did, try to find one with 5.03 or less on it.

Pretty simple.

Splitz is offline -Hacks Hacker

Alright then, how rare do you think a psp with 5.03 is? I can make a pandora battery if needed, but do I also need a memorystick or do I just use the flashed battery?

Mac2468 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

You're gonna need a memory stick.

fearless1964 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

if you cant find a good phat...then an OLD 2000 is just as good....make sure you check the firmware before u buy it
    PSP(1001):PANDORA->5.00 M33-6 w/ 1.50 Add-On
    PSP(2001)TA-085v2:PANDORA->5.50 GEN-D3