Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Which firmware do you recommend?

  
  1. #1
    mikey19 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Which firmware do you recommend?

    hey everyone!!!

    just got myself a psp 1000 today and am going to put cfw on but its been a long time since i last did something like this. last time there was only the m33 cfw last time i checked now theres gen cfw which one is better???


    cheers mike


  2. #2
    Ninja88 is offline -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Power
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey19 View Post
    hey everyone!!!

    just got myself a psp 1000 today and am going to put cfw on but its been a long time since i last did something like this. last time there was only the m33 cfw last time i checked now theres gen cfw which one is better???


    cheers mike
    what firmware are you on now?

  3. #3
    mikey19 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    the firmware on it atm is ofw 2.60

  4. #4
    Demonchild's Avatar
    Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10,033
    Rep Power
    295

    Default

    It's all a matter of personal perference. I prefer 5.50 GEN because its the latest and it has the auto decryption feature that 5.00 M33 does not. For the most part, I've been satisfied with all of the GEN releases.

    Btw, you will need Pandora Battery to hack your PSP.


    Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

    PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

  5. #5
    Ninja88 is offline -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Power
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey19 View Post
    the firmware on it atm is ofw 2.60
    You can goto 5.5 gen d3 using this tutorial
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133...st1276252.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild View Post
    It's all a matter of personal perference. I prefer 5.50 GEN because its the latest and it has the auto decryption feature that 5.00 M33 does not. For the most part, I've been satisfied with all of the GEN releases.

    Btw, you will need Pandora Battery to hack your PSP.
    I think you read 2.60 as 6.20 :p

  6. #6
    jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    X marks the spot.
    Posts
    6,860
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild View Post
    It's all a matter of personal perference. I prefer 5.50 GEN because its the latest and it has the auto decryption feature that 5.00 M33 does not. For the most part, I've been satisfied with all of the GEN releases.
    5.50 GEN D3 is the one i would go for ..... The latest and greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild View Post
    Btw, you will need Pandora Battery to hack your PSP.
    He does not "need" a Pandora if he is running 2.60 OFW on a Phat PSP.

  7. #7
    mikey19 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ok then gen-d3 it is and how do i do it from 2.60? will i have to downgrade to 1.50 then start or can i just start from 2.60 cheers

  8. #8
    shivadow is offline Banned -Hacks Monk
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,598
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You are best going with the latest fw if you plan on using it for just games. If you want to take advantage of 1.50 kernel and the IR functions you are best using 5.00 m33-6 with the 1.50 addon. Irshell is also more compatible with 5.00 m33-6.

  9. #9
    Ninja88 is offline -Hacks Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,069
    Rep Power
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey19 View Post
    ok then gen-d3 it is and how do i do it from 2.60? will i have to downgrade to 1.50 then start or can i just start from 2.60 cheers
    I posted you a link which directs to a tutorial on how to do that?

  10. #10
    mikey19 is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    oh sorry didnt realise cheers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •