Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's fantasize about the PSP2 until E3 2010

Canaan is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Let's fantasize about the PSP2 until E3 2010

For fun. What would your ideal PSP successor be like?
    A portable almost as powerful as the next-gen systems?
    >_> A phone? *shudder*

Personally, I'd like something with power in between the PS2 and PS3, leaning toward the PS3. This would be in line with the PSP's power when it was released. How about 1080p HD graphics? That's pretty ridiculous, but I can dream. Obviously, dual analog nubs would be nice, and L2 and R2 buttons. Maybe a touchscreen would be okay. Maybe. Also, PS2 classics and better PSN support are necessary; it's bull right now. If they continue disc format, I'd appreciate if it didn't sound like a fucking avalanche inside of my PSP. Purely DD is a huge no. Some internal storage would be great from the get-go; I'd be happy with 32Gb, considering that PSP2 games would likely be a good bit bigger than PSP games, and data install and the occasional downloaded games are cool. A modern web browser would be fuckyeah; upgradable flash please? And more goddamn online support. Sony really should encourage developers to use PSN for PSP games on infrastructure. NOBODY LIKES ADHOC PARTY. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME SONY?
    A heavily supported app store would be an interesting feature; Apple needs someone to oppose them.
    But still. I would NOT like it to be a phone. That would likely detract heavily from the game aspects.

Discuss. If you want. I guess.

chiruscan is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I cant imagine it would be as powerful as a PS3 graphically. Probably the launch titles on the PSP2 will look just like or slightly better than best PSP games.

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I love ADHOC gaming personally... I hate using PSN. Not everyone has good internet. I have satellite internet and online gaming sucks. And if you want internal storage.... get a Go! Don't they come with internal memory? Of course I might be a bit bias since I like having a fully hackable PSP and I know a 'PSP2' won't be as hackable.. I hate Apple's app store. Hell, if you want to develop any apps you have to pay $99 and own a Mac (at least from what I've read). I hope they don't do away with UMDs.. I like being able to buy my games and then sell them to a friend when I'm done playing.
    Last edited by Organized_Chaos; 05-01-2010 at 07:52 PM.

BeAkErOo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Default Re: Let's fantasize about the PSP2 until E3 2010

I haven't done much adhoc gaming apart from Monster Hunter Freedoms and GT PSP. All the PSN gaming I have experienced since CW Cheat was released has been abysmal due to morons. Adhoc party is a great invention for PSP, it's a shame they never released it for PC though as well as PS3.
    As for what I want to see in a new PSP, well a second nub for FPS games is a must. L2 and R2 would mean for a very bulky console if placed in the conventional way so I'd suggest the 2's were placed in line with the 1's only in towards the middle of the top of the console a little more.
    What the PSP really needs more of in spades though is the ram, it has held back the current console a lot.

End
    3DS: 4167-4567-3684

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

a PSP!Go with 2 nubs, and UMD diver with more ram
    also B/C with ALL older psp games and PSN psp games and ps1 classic
    L2 and r2 triggers
    maybe rumble and sixaxis ability(both can be turn off)
    has ms duo slot
    has a MINI USB type B port
    and a IR port

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

jibbz is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

Everything that Ryu said plus :
    A good media player that actually supports formats i use daily.
    With a hackable mobo lol

Canaan is offline -Hacks Newbie

A few of you seem to misunderstand what I'm saying about Adhoc Party; I have nothing against adhoc itself, it's the Adhoc PARTY app (requires you to have a PS3 and be sitting right next to it) that Sony and developers seem to think is an adequate excuse for normal infrastructure multiplayer. More RAM would be sweet, agreed.

The reason I thought an app store would be cool was because the PSP 1 had a lot of untapped potential. There are a LOT of cool homebrew apps, that are restricted simply because PSP coders don't have the money to develop the best things that they can. Imagine having homebrew apps on the PSP2 AND AAA app support that fully takes advantage of it's power. I might be talking out of my ass now, but that's my opinion.

Agent64 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

some people think its lame that you need ad-hoc party to play online, esp for psp, we know it can handle online gaming great.
    /
    but I personally love ad-hoc party, its more social, you know what Im saying? I just like the feeling of it.

Im actually kind of sad that they finally are going to put infrastructure mode in MHP3, iv made so much friends on ad-hoc party.
    but ill admit the only game I ever used on ad-hoc party was MHFU.

I know I will definitely be using it for MGSW
    none of my real freinds are interested in the same games as me, they all think psp is garbage, so I dont to Co-op with anyone, that makes ad-hoc party perfect for me.

anyway, back on topic, I think it would be great if sony announced a PSP2 at E3.
    even though I dont really care for a psp2 right now, i like the current psp to much to have it replaced, if sony announces a psp2, it will take at least one more year for them to release it, and when it gets released no way am I buying it at launch, first all systems usually have a shit library at launch, their overpriced and dissapointing.

I learned that from getting the wii at launch, from that day i said I would never buy a system a launch ever again. (even though I got the first psp at launch, ill admit I was kinda happy with it, but at first it sucked)

so I would wait like maybe 2-3 years after it gets launched. for me the current psp has a lot of life in it.

anyway back on topic,(for real this time)

I only want more RAM, second nub, and ps2 emulation, and backward compatable with old psp games.

lol I cant belive I typed so much on this post
    Current RANK:
    Banjo Pilot (rank 8) (New avatar Rank- Rank 4-banjokazooieForce (Final BanjoKazooieRank)

rank increases after 980 post

Ninja88 is offline -Hacks Guru

Sucks i know

Source

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

My fantasization of the PSP2
    Spoiler:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast