Thread: Confused, very confused.

Skorpian is offline -Hacks Guru

Default Confused, very confused.

Hello, guys. I've been out of the scene for a while and I'm back but I'm totally confused on how to play 6.20 games ( I saw many ways to run them )
    That promethetus module ( or whatever it's called ). Does it work for all 6.20 games like Khbbs, metal gear solid Portable ops, god eater, naruto, prince of persia forgotten sands, etc.. or some games require other ways.
    Also, is there a tutorial on that?

Note : All my guides are outdated.

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

If you have 5.00 and are having trouble playing the game, take a gander at this, it's a tutorial written by me on another forum:
    Herro there folks, I am back and have a small little tutorial for you.
    Download ISOtool 1.40:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GTPPCWWU
    (for most recent release of isotool, check here: http://takka.tfact.net/blog/wp-conte...oad.php?id=143)
    Download your scene release MNR or buy your UMD copy.

Now onto the tutorial part (Works only on ISO's! CSO's will not be able to be patched with this method!):
    1. Download and extract ISOtool.
    2. Put ISOtool onto your PSP.
    3. Put the ISO of your MNR game into the ISO folder on your PSP.
    4. Now launch ISOtool 1.40 on your PSP.
    5. Select the MNR ISO that you have and choose decrypt eboot. Do not make a backup of the eboot, just decrypt and patch it.
    6. After that is done, just select the MNR ISO again, but this time choose Patch. 5.50 users: After it is done, you're all set, just press the home/PS button and exit to the XMB.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~5.00 USERS ONLY~
    7.1 You guys have an extra step to do. Select your MNR ISO again and this time choose PRX import.
    7.2 Now choose libfont.prx import.
    7.3 After you finish with this, the game is playable on 5.00 CFW's.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    8. Play and have fun. There is no way to access the PSN at this time on CFW, PSNlover does not work.

Extra content for KH:BBS
    For KHBBS, you have to decrypt BBS1/2/3.DAT then put back to PSPGAME/USRDIR

Tested and works on 5.50 GEN-D2.

This tutorial was tested on a European version of the game, if anything is different with the US version I will update this tut. Please thank me if you found this post helpful. Tutorial Version: 2.1 (Steps added and revised for 5.00 users)

-Cheese

Un®est®i©ted™

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bestyugiman View Post
    Hello, guys. I've been out of the scene for a while and I'm back but I'm totally confused on how to play 6.20 games ( I saw many ways to run them )
    That promethetus module ( or whatever it's called ). Does it work for all 6.20 games like Khbbs, metal gear solid Portable ops, god eater, naruto, prince of persia forgotten sands, etc.. or some games require other ways.
    Also, is there a tutorial on that?
    Using iso tool 1.43, i've tested all the games above (apart from kbss&godeater, just dont have the iso) and they all work on D3

EDIT : So i just tried kbss and it failed. One thing i noticed is that the dnas decryptor for bbs3.dat decrypts it and leaves a bbs3_dec.dat file that is 0 bytes in size. That cant be right?
    Last edited by kamenrider; 05-25-2010 at 04:58 PM.