Thread: Fixed my psp 1000,ver. 1.51 after many years.

krnjason is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Fixed my psp 1000,ver. 1.51 after many years.

Hi, i just recently dragged my psp 1000 out of the closet and finally fixed my lcd screen. It's been ages since i even touched this thing, probably somewhere near launch date and now i'm bombarded with words such as Pandora and so much other homebrew apps.

What should I do with my psp ver 1.51? homebrew it? or update it and use psn?

The only thing im trying to do is just play the several FF's that have been released and other ps1/ps2 games if i could using either the PSN or maybe emulator.

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction its been so long that i am lost in terms of where to even begin.

Thanks a lot.

Oh yeah, is there any legit places where i can buy a replacement 3.6 1800mAh battery besides amazon? mines completely dead being w/o use for other 3+yrs.

BCman is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

update to 2.0, then run 2.0MPH downgrader to get back to 1.5
    from 1.5 use hellcats to flash either 5.50GEN-D3 or 5.00M33-6 custom firmwares.

youll be able to all u want with the CF except run ps2 as it is impossible due to hardware limitations.

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

This should get you set in the right direction. It even provides download links and everything: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133...hread-t227349/

It says upgrading to 5.03 is the recommended way to do it, but I disagree. With a PSP using firmware as low as yours you can chose a different way. Specifically this one: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133...ml#post1084740 which will have you upgrade to 2.80.

Or you could use BCman's suggestion but I've never heard of that downgrader before (though I'm sure it's legit).

Chase Payne is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by BCman View Post
    update to 2.0, then run 2.0MPH downgrader to get back to 1.5
    from 1.5 use hellcats to flash either 5.50GEN-D3 or 5.00M33-6 custom firmwares.

youll be able to all u want with the CF except run ps2 as it is impossible due to hardware limitations.
    It's possible to run ps2 games on the psp.

You need a really good internet connection and computer to do it though, just download PCX2 and run Final Fantasy X in a very low resolution.

Use pspdisp v4, and connect to your computer. You can play FFX at a stable speed, it's a turn by turn based game so internet lag wont hurt it much.

It's portable, as long as you don't leave your house.

However running the ps2 emulator alone requires alot of good computer parts.

pbanj is offline -Hacks Newbie

as for your question on the battery i got mine from ebay your best bet buy one from the us/your own country and ask them to check it before shipping it