Thread: Opinions of cfw on psp 6.xx

thebananahacker is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default Opinions of cfw on psp 6.xx

Well I think I should finally post this this thread, been thinking about for a week.
    Okay, so I'm hearing all this talk about how cfw is not possible on the new psp models such as the psp 300 and the psp go simply because of the motherboards.
    Well if you think that you should really take a look at a video from one member of team typhoon that ran a homebrew app directly from the xmb on the psp go.
    Then there are those who are saying that there is a kernel exploit on 6.20 witch is the font mod. In no way in my point of view is that mod use full, in fact it ruins my psp browser, it won't let me download anything I from the browser and it won't let me open a bookmark.And that method of changing registries is not quite impressive as people made it out to be, you can't even write anything to the flash0 directory.
    Okay now there's many crashes out there for the 6.20 ofw such as the tiff crashes but these won't do nothing but crash the psp.Nothing more.Then there are exploitable crashes but those probably won't be released until Sony patches it or they coded an e loader of some sort.
    Now that said, i'm getting sick of people showing their "exploits" on YouTube just to get "recognition" and never release the files. That leads me to believe that it is fake. I am already fully convinced that there will never be no kernel access via Half bite loader, so instead of trying to change the registries try to find an xmb crash and try to do something worth your time.
    Those are my thought of what currently going on in the psp hacking scene, post yours.

Thank God. I thought this site was going to label me a noob forever.

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

A user mode exploit can be used to find a kernel mode exploit. The fact that HBL has accessed flash 0 means that there is a possibility of getting it to be a kernel mode exploit as user mode exploits cannot access anything in flash 0.

I personally do not much care about all these exploits. We need a 6.XX CFW for the hackable PSP's, and that is not as difficult as non-hackable ones. Still difficult nonetheless. They do not need an exploit to enable it to load the cfw, all they need is a cfw and an updater.

Un®est®i©ted™

[QUOTE=Cheesetheif;1344853]A user mode exploit can be used to find a kernel mode exploit. The fact that HBL has accessed flash 0 means that there is a possibility of getting it to be a kernel mode exploit as user mode exploits cannot access anything in flash 0.

I'm thinking of coding an app that runs via hbl that keeps crashing the psp until it gets kernel access but i don't think thats possible

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

It seems like you keep coming back to that font mod... That isn't a kernel exploit, is it? No, it's done using a user-mode exploit.

What you need to do is find your own exploit, and then code an eboot loader for it.

There are kernel exploits out there, someone just needs to find them and exploit them. And create a HEN. All before Sony patches it.

Quote Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post
    It seems like you keep coming back to that font mod... That isn't a kernel exploit, is it? No, it's done using a user-mode exploit.

What you need to do is find your own exploit, and then code an eboot loader for it.

There are kernel exploits out there, someone just needs to find them and exploit them. And create a HEN. All before Sony patches it.
    Did datel use update keys for action Action replay?
    Last edited by thebananahacker; 07-24-2010 at 02:06 PM.

shivadow is offline Banned -Hacks Monk

CFW 6.XX will never happen.

vandurol123 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by shivadow View Post
    CFW 6.XX will never be released.
    Fixed.

Check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lVCV1LGHiA
    Note: Its on a PSP GO.

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by shivadow View Post
    CFW 6.XX will never happen.
    Why not? It already has, it just was never released to the public. Some day it will happen. Never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post
    Why not? It already has, it just was never released to the public. Some day it will happen. Never say never.
    Thank you Organized Chaos, that was the video I was speaking of.