Thread: Woo Hoo, new PSP1000 owner!

lovespicyfood is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Woo Hoo, new PSP1000 owner!

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to post that I'm a happy new owner of a great condition PSP1000 that I bought off Craigslist for $70 today. The only known obvious issue is that the joystick cover is missing. I already ordered a replacement along with a Pandora battery from DealExtreme.

Having almost bought a PSP3000 before learning a bit about possibilities with hacking an older PSP, I feel fortunate...

I had an original PSP when they first came out, but it was unfortunately ripped off when I moved ~ 3 1/2 years ago.

Anyways, just posting for the first time and hoping to learn what I need to do to hack this thing when my Pandora battery comes...

Regards,
    Pete

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Just check out the Tutorials section and the Homebrew section and you'll start learning loads. We also have a programming section if you want to learn how to make your own programs.

Enjoy your PSP.

Edit: I have a tutorial on how to use your PSP as a remote control for your TV. I'll dig up the tutorial if you want to do it and can't find the tutorial.

lovespicyfood is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thanks Organized_Chaos, much appreciated! Sure, I'd love a link to making it a remote control!

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

shivadow is offline Banned -Hacks Monk

Congrats for getting what I consider to be the best PSP (the 1000). You need an Magic Memory Stick to go with the Pandora battery.

I'd recommend using 5.00M33-6 and installing the 1.50 addon for using one of the greatest apps of all time, Pimpstreamer. People might say "you can use Pimpstreamer in 5.xx mode" but the simple answer to that is "it has bugs on 5.xx mode".

IRShell is another all time great app and makes more than ample use of all the PSP's features while using 5.00M33-6 (GEN firmware has bugs and wifi streaming doesn't work).

Except for those 2, not many greats surpass them if any at all. I'd say they are absolute must have's.

Well done m8 and welcome to the club!.

iTrooper is offline -Hacks Newbie

I've just dug my old PSP-1001 (US) & 1002 (AUS) out of cryo-stasis. Haven't hacked them in agggggesss.

They both currently hacked as 5.00 M33-6.

I'm starting to gather that we haven't progressed much further past this in a year or so?

Or is there a newer hacked firmware that everyone has moved on to?

kaitoshinichi is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by iTrooper View Post
    I've just dug my old PSP-1001 (US) & 1002 (AUS) out of cryo-stasis. Haven't hacked them in agggggesss.

They both currently hacked as 5.00 M33-6.

I'm starting to gather that we haven't progressed much further past this in a year or so?

Or is there a newer hacked firmware that everyone has moved on to?
    wow... hijacking someone else's thread ey? couldn't make a new thread for yourself?

well anyways look up prometheus 2. its an addon for games that require over 6.XX firmware...up to 6.20 or 6.3X ... cant remember.