Thread: You gotta check out this ridiculous thread on the official forums

toasty hoodie is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default You gotta check out this ridiculous thread on the official forums

This guy is completely out of his mind. He's now stating the the PSP2 will be a competitor to the iPad. Reading his drivel makes me want to kill a kitten.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/P.../td-p/46090616

I seriously think it's a Sony plant in the forum, but however, he is one of those morons that will not listen to reason. I just can't believe he's now stating that a PSP will compete with tablet PCs.

At first, he said the PSP will be a phone...and yeah, there is a Playstation Phone...but it isn't a PSP.

Gah, I have never wanted to get violent with someone over the Internet like this before.

And the moderation over there is a complete joke. I get in trouble for discussing CFW with someone who doesn't want it anymore and wants to go to OFW, yet this shit is constantly allowed...even though in their rules, you cannot discuss other platforms on the boards.

BTW, with those who want OFW, I will usually just private message them, send them here, and they end up keeping CFW, lol.

I'm at the point where I don't even want to go back there. I'd rather discuss the PSP topics here, with people who actually appreciate the device we have, instead of getting tired of it and constantly criticizing it...

Sorry for rambling, but I just get so frustrated with idiots like this.

PSP 1001: RIP/PSP 2001: GoW: RIP
    PSP 3001: Silver - 5.03 Prometheus 3
    PSPgo: White - OFW 6.35

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by toasty hoodie View Post
    I just can't believe he's now stating that a PSP will compete with tablet PCs.
    This is true to some extent.
    If it does indeed come out with a 5in screen (which seems unlikely, but plausible), it can enter the realm of larger devices.
    Obviously it won't completely replace a tablet PC, but for most things, rarely anything ever does.
    Most people would probably consider a PSP to compete more with an iPod, which is what I believe, but if the screen is 5in, it does somewhat sit between the ~3in iPod screen and the ~7in iPad one.
    There's also the fact that most consumers don't buy lots of devices, so will need to consider whether they want portability, a large screen for ease of use, or something in-between.

At first, he said the PSP will be a phone...and yeah, there is a Playstation Phone...but it isn't a PSP.
    I don't think Sony is oblivious to the huge success with mobiles. Although they do have their own phone range, the iPhone clearly demonstrates the market's want for all-in-one devices.

He does make a lot of assumptions and airy-fairy statements, but I'd probably consider some points.

And the moderation over there is a complete joke. I get in trouble for discussing CFW with someone who doesn't want it anymore and wants to go to OFW, yet this shit is constantly allowed...even though in their rules, you cannot discuss other platforms on the boards.
    I think this is fair from Sony's perspective.
    It may seem weird, but once you install CFW, your warranty is gone. So it makes sense that Sony denies support for CFW users, even if they switch back to OFW (it doesn't magically give you back your warranty). I guess it could also be considered that talking about CFW -> OFW shows to users that CFW offers a choice, which may make it seem appealing in a sense. So in the end, Sony just simply doesn't want anything to do with CFW and something they cannot support.
    Most forums where there's competing interest will disallow talk about competitors.

As you said, it's probably best if you just leave them alone. I can see your point, but people have their own interests...

xocomaox is offline -Hacks Ninja

This guy is completely out of his mind.
    http://boardsus.playstation.com
    that's really all you needed to say.
    currently playing
    テイルズ オブ リバース
    ToP: なりきりダンジョン X (0.11)
    psp-1001 5.00 m33-6

Sparker is offline -Hacks Titan
    THIS LINE OF TEXT YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW IS USED TO INFACT TELL YOU MY LOCATION OF WHERE I LIVE..

^
    trust me, from the time I've been on the Sony forums. I can say the Australian forums are far dumber.
    Ah yes the time we raided those forums talking about how the PSP could be hacked and they all refused and said hacking was bad for the PSP.

xocomaox is offline -Hacks Ninja

hacking is very baaaaad. ahahha, i love it.
    currently playing
    テイルズ オブ リバース
    ToP: なりきりダンジョン X (0.11)
    psp-1001 5.00 m33-6

chiruscan is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Theres probably like 3 whole real posters on those forums the rest are troll accounts made by Sony reps.

TribFather is offline -Hacks Member

If the PSP2 can do what the Newer MP5 players are doing (like THIS one I got for my wife) then maybe it is possible. These devices that are tablets are the wave of the future, lol.

The one that I bought isn't considered a tablet PC because it's processing power, but like the above stater, it still is an all in one device that is actually pretty cool to use. Plays movies, reads ebooks and more.

But like I said, if the PSP2 can do all this, plus play games.. Then there is possibility for it to be on the 'tablet' side.