Thread: What's the use of folders under PSP? e.g.GAME150, GAME5XX

motom is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default What's the use of folders under PSP? e.g.GAME150, GAME5XX

Hi everyone, I'm new to this hacking PSP. Thanks to the forum, with you guys help, I just hacked my PSP3000 and updated my friend's PSP (he paid for someone to hack his) from 3.71M33-2 to 5.50GEN-D3 Happy!
    I know you can run emulator or homebrew game (which are already install with my friend PSP)
    I was wondering what's the use of other folder like GAME150, GAME5XX, COMMON, SYSTEM, RSSCH and MP-ROOT? Under the old CFW, there's a folder called GAME371 why is it different? I've tried the search, but can't find what I'd like to know.....

I know there's plugin and app ... etc.. but haven't look into them yet.. are they related?

Cheers guys

P.S. is this site related to PSP slim hacks? they look a bit similar

also there're games in the GAME371 folder under the old FW, should I copy them to GAME5XX or GAME150 folder (under new FW) ?

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

GAME (in will ALL was run homebrew app that are in it 5.xx mode OR 1.50 mode Depending on the setting in Recovery menu)
    or
    GAME5XX (it will ALL was run homebrew app that are in it 5.xx mode)

and

the GAME150(in will ALL was run homebrew app that are in it 1.50 mode) it for 1.50 kernel apps (5.50 gen has NO 1.50 addon)

COMMON, (the Default Download folder)
    SYSTEM, (some Browser setting, bookmarks and History and infobar setting)
    RSSCH (RSS info)
    and
    MP-ROOT (old Video files mode folder) you can now use Video folder on the ROOT of you MS

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by motom View Post
    P.S. is this site related to PSP slim hacks? they look a bit similar
    No, not at all. They have completely different rules and the members have totally different attitudes. If you told someone there you downloaded an Amiga or Atari rom without owning the original copy, they would freak out and flame you for piracy and not help. And if they do that just for those kinds of roms... imagine what they would do if you said you downloaded a PSP game.

At least here we can freely say "Hey, I downloaded this game <insert file name here> a few days ago but it won't start on my PSP. What am I doing wrong?" and you'll get help. Ask that at PSPSlimHacks, you get flamed and they will refuse to help.

Jades is offline -Hacks Member

If your PSP is a slim like your friends then no 1.50 homebrew for you unless you (your friend can't) get time machine or something else.....

Quote Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post

At least here we can freely say "Hey, I downloaded this game <insert file name here> a few days ago but it won't start on my PSP. What am I doing wrong?" and you'll get help. Ask that at PSPSlimHacks, you get flamed and they will refuse to help.

Thanks for the info...

"if someone (not me ) ask where is the best place to download back up game, where will you tell them to go look for? "

Do you call that backup game or ISO game or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    GAME (in will ALL was run homebrew app that are in it 5.xx mode OR 1.50 mode Depending on the setting in Recovery menu)
    or
    GAME5XX (it will ALL was run homebrew app that are in it 5.xx mode)

and

the GAME150(in will ALL was run homebrew app that are in it 1.50 mode) it for 1.50 kernel apps (5.50 gen has NO 1.50 addon)

COMMON, (the Default Download folder)
    SYSTEM, (some Browser setting, bookmarks and History and infobar setting)
    RSSCH (RSS info)
    and
    MP-ROOT (old Video files mode folder) you can now use Video folder on the ROOT of you MS
    Thanks for the detail info..
    in a nut shell, they are for homebrew app or game,, it depend on which mode they made for? (do they usually say they are 1.50 mode or soe=mthing?

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by motom View Post
    Thanks for the info...

"if someone (not me ) ask where is the best place to download back up game, where will you tell them to go look for? "
    We'll tell you to go to Google. My point is, we won't flame you and get angry. We'll just tell you to find it yourself, we can't help with that part.