Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSP Successor

PearLBLacK is offline vaca -Hacks Enthusiast

Default PSP Successor

I read this in Wikipedia:
    Spoiler:
    The first device developed by Sony Computer Entertainment, is codenamed "Veta"[55] and unofficially known as the PlayStation Portable 2 due to Sony's naming trends, it is a successor to its current PlayStation Portable, and is said to be launched in Q4 2011[56] with development kits for the handheld reportedly already being shipped to numerous video game developers including both first-party and third-party developers in order to prepare the handheld for a "significant launch window line-up".[57] Sources suggest the device will feature an "HD" screen which is approximately an inch larger than the current PlayStation Portable screen, making it approximately 5.3 inches (diagonal), as well as two analog sticks and a touchpad on the back of the handheld.[56] Internally, the device is said to feature a 1 GB RAM in comparison with the current PSP's 64 MB and the Xbox 360's 512 MB and will not use the current UMD format; according to one source, games will be released on Memory Sticks, though this has yet to be finalized.[58] The final specification of the device have not yet been finalized by Sony, including its design which currently has two form factors one resembling the PSP Go and the other resembling the traditional PSP.[58] The device is also said to be facing several technical issues such as overheating.[56] Sony is also currently in talks with Japanese mobile carrier, NTT DoCoMo, to add 3G network connections to it.[59]

The device was supposedly unveiled internally during a private meeting during mid-September held at Sony Computer Entertainment's headquarters in Aoyama, Tokyo.[56] Revelations of a new hardware platform being developed by SCE first came when Shuhei Yoshida, President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, revealed in an interview with UK video game magazine, Develop. In the interview he mentioned that when Ken Kutaragi left Sony Computer Entertainment, the new CEO, Kazuo Hirai, told him to engage SCE Worldwide Studios in the development of the next PlayStation. Yoshida also said that developers were present at the meetings from the very beginning when SCE was developing new hardware, and that SCE had to constantly keep talking with Worldwide Studios developer when developing the new hardware.[60] Further confirmation came on September 16, 2010, during an interview during PAX 2010, Mortal Kombat Executive Producer Shaun Himmerick revealed a successor to the PSP, the PlayStation Portable 2 referred to as the "PSP2", stating "…we have a PSP2 in the house and we’re looking at the engine, like what can it support. Always a big thing for us is the performance. We’re running at 60 fps, what can we do and do we have to build all the art assets over. We’re definitely looking at them. PSP2 looks like it’s a pretty powerful machine."[61] When asked about the PlayStation Portable 2 during the Tokyo Game Show 2010, Shuhei Yoshida, said that he could not answer the question though he noted that "Personally, I cannot see Sony not making another portable gaming device."[62] On November 2, 2010 senior vice president of Electronic Arts, Patrick Soderlund, confirmed that he has seen the PlayStation Portable 2 when asked about it in an interview though he could not divulge more details.[63]
    Is this true?

HD screen and Two Analog Sticks are definitely good additions. The same with the 1 GB RAM. But a touchpad on the back of the handheld? I can't really understand its purpose...

xocomaox is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PearLBLacK View Post
    But a touchpad on the back of the handheld? I can't really understand its purpose...
    given that your fingers are normally placed at the rear of the current psp while you are holding it, i think that would be an excellent way for extra control. it could be really cool.
    currently playing
    テイルズ オブ リバース
    ToP: なりきりダンジョン X (0.11)
    psp-1001 5.00 m33-6

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    given that your fingers are normally placed at the rear of the current psp while you are holding it, i think that would be an excellent way for extra control. it could be really cool.
    Or a flop, like SIXAXIS.

Un®est®i©ted™

tigerfire is offline -Hacks Hacker

Isn't the "Psp phone" the PSP2?
    XBOX360 Gamertag: TECH90c Wii Brawl Code: 3737-9601-5627

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfire View Post
    Isn't the "Psp phone" the PSP2?
    Side project ^

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I wonder why this was in Chat...

-Moved to General-

xocomaox is offline -Hacks Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetheif View Post
    Or a flop, like SIXAXIS.
    the great thing here though is that even if it is a flop, we still get two analog sticks. i think they will pull it off.
    currently playing
    テイルズ オブ リバース
    ToP: なりきりダンジョン X (0.11)
    psp-1001 5.00 m33-6

kaitoshinichi is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesetheif View Post
    Or a flop, like SIXAXIS.
    well i dont think sixaxis was really a flop but its hard to use it in many gaming genres ...only one i can think of is ones similar to warhawk...then again... i guess u could call it a flop...

was wondering. what anime is your sig from?

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by kaitoshinichi View Post
    well i dont think sixaxis was really a flop but its hard to use it in many gaming genres ...only one i can think of is ones similar to warhawk...then again... i guess u could call it a flop...

was wondering. what anime is your sig from?
    Hellsing.

kaitoshinichi is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

ah thanks zero.

no wonder i thought that scene looked really familiar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast