Thread: PSPGo Idea...

Decius is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default PSPGo Idea...

I was wondering if the PSPGo has the sufficient enough drivers to read right from its on board memory, would it be possible to reverse engineer the drivers of the PSP and extend the Ram partially to the on board memory? Kind of like how the PSP Phat can't read extended memory homebrew because the drivers aren't fast enough (So you're stuck with 32Mb). But if someone was to reverse engineer them you would be offered full support of more applications.

I could see this being usable to run small linux distributions and shells since the PSP has the hardware and the bluetooth EDG 3.0+ as well. Of course one would need to know if the on board memory of the PSPGo reads/writes faster than the Memory stick port on the Go Itself. This could be done by reading/writing tests.

The same principle could be done for all PSP's, such as Phat PSP able to use Skype etc/etc.

The sad thing is, no one is smart enough to do this even though it can be done this is just an idea I had anyways.

Last edited by Decius; 11-25-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

The PSP only has 32MB of RAM. Are you suggesting that it has more but no one is smart enough to figure out how to use it? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

xocomaox is offline -Hacks Ninja

he's saying get the pspgo to use its 16gb memory as its system memory. i think?
    currently playing
    テイルズ オブ リバース
    ToP: なりきりダンジョン X (0.11)
    psp-1001 5.00 m33-6

vahnx is offline -Hacks Newbie

Pagefiles are bad on iPhones, PSPs, SSD's, any device that uses flash memory as it's storage due to the constant writing.

peppedaman is offline -Hacks Newbie

The extra memory would be extremely slow to read and write to in comparison to RAM. Also wear and tear is an important factor to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post
    The PSP only has 32MB of RAM. Are you suggesting that it has more but no one is smart enough to figure out how to use it? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.
    64MB on 2000, 3000, and Go's which is rarely used by homebrews, and only used for UMD Caching by Sony. What a waste
    Last edited by peppedaman; 11-28-2010 at 09:10 PM.