Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [FAQ] Total_Noob's HEN

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

There is a release date and time, I updated the first post.

foxdanger is offline -Hacks Newbie

Nice FAQ man, you just answer all i want to know.

Today TN launchs the new HEN for 6.20 FW PSP's.

PSGEN team is testing the new HEN now, and maybe tonight they will release for all psp owners... i hope so

And hope anyone to make one iso loader to this hen

junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by foxdanger View Post
    And hope anyone to make one iso loader to this hen
    -Wololo has also mentioned that while Total_Noob isn’t releasing an ISO loader. A few a teams are working on a ISO, CSO and PSX loaders for 6.20 TN-A. Like the Open Idea ISO Loader by dridri. Wololo thinks that such ISO loaders will probably be made compatible with firmwares 6.xx with little effort. That it could be a matter of days after the 6.20 TN-A release that we see PSX, CSO and ISO loaders.

Source:
    pspslimhacks.com

Dridi TN-A Iso Loader

Quote Originally Posted by junKie View Post
    -Wololo has also mentioned that while Total_Noob isn’t releasing an ISO loader. A few a teams are working on a ISO, CSO and PSX loaders for 6.20 TN-A. Like the Open Idea ISO Loader by dridri. Wololo thinks that such ISO loaders will probably be made compatible with firmwares 6.xx with little effort. That it could be a matter of days after the 6.20 TN-A release that we see PSX, CSO and ISO loaders.

Source:
    pspslimhacks.com

Dridi TN-A Iso Loader
    Great notice! I hope this happen soon

Chris10Lyn is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post
    The following is a list of commonly asked questions regarding Total_Noob's HEN for firmware versions 6.20, 6.30, 6.31, 6.35, and any other firmware he may develop this for. Hopefully this will help clear up any questions people may have.

What is a HEN?
    A HEN is a Homebrew Enabler. This means you can launch homebrew directly from the XMB without using a Loader (such has HBL). It is not a CFW so it usually can't launch ISOs unless there is an ISO Loader homebrew.

When will it be released?
    For 6.20 the release will be December 24th, at 0h30 PM CET (Paris). That's December 24th, 3h30 AM in Seattle, December 24th, 6h30 AM in New York, 7h30 PM in Beijing, and December 24th, 8h30 PM in Tokyo

Will it be released for 6.30, 6.31, or 6.35?
    Yes, eventually. We do not have a release date for these firmwares. We aren't psychic and can't see the future.

Should I upgrade from 5.03 GEN-C to use this?
    I would suggest waiting until there is an ISO loader at least. Personally, I would wait until it had support for custom themes and plugins.

Should I upgrade from 5.00 M33 or 5.50 GEN to use this?
    Why would you want to? This is made for people with the unhackable PSPs. Unless a permanent custom firmware is created for 6.20, I would NOT upgrade.

I already upgraded, is it possible to downgrade back to 5.03??
    Total_Noob said he was going to make a "downgrade homebrew" but I do not know if that is only for the hackable PSPs or if all PSPs can do it. It's also possible to use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher to downgrade the older PSPs, however it would brick a newer PSP 2000, 3000 or a Go. Do not attempt any downgrade unless you know what you are doing 100%.

Will this let me play ISO, CSO, or PSX games?
    Total_Noob will not be adding an ISO loader to this but there are several teams already working on an ISO Loader which will probably be available soon after the HEN is released. As for PSX games... that depends on if the popsloader plugin works on HEN, I guess.

The following FAQs have been answered by Wololo on his website.
    If that doesn’t run isos, what’s the difference between TN Hen and a homebrew loader such as Half Byte Loader?

So, what’s the difference between a Hen and a CFW?

Well, ok, so what are the differences between a Hen, a CFW, and a LCFW?

No one wants a HEN! Make a custom firmware already!
    Make one yourself. You'll find that it's a lot harder than you think, so don't demand this.

If you have anymore questions about this, ask here and I will add them to the FAQ.

plss...read my comment first before you get angry...

this doesnt work on memory stick that is magic gate supported inshort original MS....like what you said its get hang up when a message says "warning:memory leak" then freeze....on fake MS the hen runs perfectly you'll see on your system settings is 6.20 TN-A(HEN) but when your about to enter to a homebrew game the psp screen freezes then shuts off ....

i already try dis several times and end up the same thing my psp freezes....
    tried also to download the fresh patapon demo,save game exploit,the newest HBL rev109 i didnt edit or change anything ...but still desame....

BTW i tried this on my psp 3000 6.20 OFW and on my psp 2000 mobo ta-088v2 i upgraded it to 6.20 to try if it works but it end up desame the psp always freezes....

maybe but im not sure..this hen is 100% compatible on psp go only and 50 to 75% compatible to psp3000 and psp 2000 that have v3 mobo....

im not angry or anything that this doesnt work for me...i understand.....
    i just stated what the problem of this hen...

oh good guide...
    Total_Noob Fan!

So, the TN Hen dont work on your psp 3k??? So, it not work in all psp's 6.20? :/

Chris10Lyn is offline -Hacks Neophyte

So, the TN Hen dont work on your psp 3k??? So, it not work in all psp's 6.20? :/
    inshort yes....
    Total_Noob Fan!

One of my friends run the TN fine, he says all HB he tested works, only twitter hb dont work...

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

You need the unofficial patched eboot made by 忠贞炙烈之炎

kosovo is offline -Hacks Member

hey guys
    I opened the unofficial patch with HBL 109 but when I try to open the homebrew, my PSP freezes on white screen and turn off after 5 seconds.

help me !
    PSP 3004 > CFW 6.10

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast