Thread: 5.03 chickHEN VS 6.20 TN

Nightmare-Rex is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default 5.03 chickHEN VS 6.20 TN

I am doing a quick comparison of the two HENs I am doing it on THE HEN ITSSELF which means not going in to ISO loaders or CFW enablers, just what is on the HEN it's self.

how well dose the HEN run homebrew? well I noticed chickHEN supported mutch more unmodified stuff by it's self than 6.20 TN doese (althugh this may be becuase sony updated the kernel in 6.XX. 5.03 wins

Can you downgrade an OLD PSP 2000 NON V3 and 1000? on 5.03 chickHEN HC recovery flasher works and can downgrade an older PSP on 5,03 to an older/custum firmware. on 6.20 TN it don't even work even with the "protect FLASH0" off. 5.03 wins this

what about plugins? well 5.03 supported NO plugins BY IT'S SELF. while 6.20 supports nativly a few plugins by it;s self. 6.20 wins

what about newness? well obvviously 6.20 wins this cuz it is a newer exploit.

what about breakthugh in PSP hacking history? well they both tie becuase 5.03 was the first hack for PSP 3000s and 6.20 was the first hack for PSP go"!"s

last that I can think of now is the exploit it's self. first chickHEN reads from a .tiff image that is a few MB/KBs in size and 6.20 runs off a demo in about 100 MBs size. however chickHEN fails mutch more on activation for this it's a draw.

althugh you should stay on 5.03 for campatability reasons according to this report it is a draw between the two.

notes for 5.50 OFW users... maby becuase the 5.50 diddent patch the kernel exploit they can create an alternate chickHEN loader for this firmware via the 6.20 exploit. sadly in 5.51+ the kernel was patched.

Last edited by Nightmare-Rex; 12-27-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: cange avvording to according

PearLBLacK is offline vaca -Hacks Enthusiast

There's not much of a comparison. ChickHEN was for 5.03 and TN HEN is for 6.20
    And of course ChickHEN is better when it comes to compatibility since TN HEN was released only three days ago.

Freerun is offline -Hacks Newbie

ChickHEN is more stable. TN-HEN is showing problems on some models. I think that the chickhen supports more homebrew too.

Neon Knight is offline -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Freerun View Post
    ChickHEN is more stable. TN-HEN is showing problems on some models. I think that the chickhen supports more homebrew too.
    Of course, this is normal because it's the 'older' HEN.
    6.20 TN's advantage is that it works on all PSP models.

shatiin is offline -Hacks Newbie

wait does the new TN support non pandora battery use? I just started this whole hack thing today. I did the Chickhen cfw for the sole reason of non pandora batteries. are there others, or is this unique. and honestly chickhen, if it is the only one that promotes this, is the best in my eyes.

zConcept is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    6.20 TN's advantage is that it works on all PSP models.
    Therefore 6.20 TN-A supports all PSP models including the models with non-removable batteries; example the PSP Go.

In order to use 6.20 TN-A you need a few things:

A PSP running firmware 6.20.
    Patapon 2 demo.
    Patapon save game exploit.
    HBL R109
    TN-A Hen

Optional things would be:

User created homebrew.
    Prometheus ISO Loader
    Compatible plugins.

All of these things are downloadable from PSP-Hacks.com currently. They are so fresh and new they are listed on the first page for convenience. Please note that there are currently compatibility issues with TN-A running on PSP-3000 4g units from what I understand. However this will be fixed soon I am sure of it.

Edited for special text.
    Last edited by zConcept; 12-29-2010 at 04:25 AM.

dothackjhe is offline -Hacks Ninja

Compared to 6.20 TN-HEN's Prometheus ISOLoader, 5.03 Prometheus 4 is more stable. I tried Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on both and the game crashes a lot on 6.20 TN-HEN. No problems yet with the game on 5.03 Prometheus 4. I think 5.03 chickHEN still wins this round. 6.20 TN-HEN has a lot of potential though, especially needed for the Go's.