Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WOW! Its possible to downgrade with 6.20TN-B.What does this mean for me?

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Default WOW! Its possible to downgrade with 6.20TN-B.What does this mean for me?

Introduction

The PSP scene has been set alight again with the release of 6.20 TN-A/B. In particular, 6.20 TN-B now gives users the ability to downgrade their PSPs which have system software > 5.03 WITHOUT the need for a pandora battery. Ive seen a lot of user's ask whether they should downgrade or not given the risk of potentially bricking their PSP. The purpose of this guide is to explain what the downgrade process means for the end user given the type of PSP they have.

This guide is not definitive as there are a lot of unknowns and because the downgrade process is in its infancy. Feedback to me and I will update this guide (especially the comparison chart).

PSP Go

For PSP Go users, there's not a lot of gain since we believe that the lowest firmware you can downgrade to is 6.10. It is impossible for 5.03 to run on a GO. At the time of writing, I have not seen any evidence that the downgrade process works despite the claims. You should therefore stick with 6.20 TN-B.

PSP 300x with 04G module

Similar to the Go, the 3K 04G model can only be downgraded to 6.00. At the time of writing, I have not seen any evidence that the downgrade process works despite the claims. You should therefore stick with 6.20 TN-B.

Question : How do I know if my 3K is 04G or 03G?

Spoiler for Answer:

A. Use pspident 0.6
    1. Download and extract all the files into a folder called pspident
    2. Copy the pspident folder to PSP/GAME on your memory stick
    3. Ensure you have homebrew enabled your PSP so that system software is 6.20 TN-x
    4. Run pspident from the GAME menu
    5. Look for the motherboard type 03g or 04g

B. Use PSP Filer 0.6
    1. Download and extract
    2. Copy the filer folder to PSP/GAME on your memory stick
    3. Ensure you have homebrew enabled your PSP so that system software is 6.20 TN-x
    4. Launch PSPfiler, select your language and then Hold <-- + R. This will change to hacker mode and you will see this in red in the left hand corner
    5. Press start twice until Flash 0 is selected
    6. Navigate to VSH->ETC (press O to go into a folder)
    7. Look for versioin.txt and index_0...g.dat. The numbers between the decimals represents your motherboard type.
    8. Press Home button to exit.

PSP 300x with 03G module

The downgrade process allows you to go back to 5.03. This will then allow you to run any of the temporary custom firmware such as 5.03 Gen-C or 5.03 MHU using chickhen r2 or MHU speed V3. You could either do that or stick with 6.20 TN-B and install prometheus iso loader. Here is a comparison chart:

PSP200x with TA088V3 motherboard

If your 2000 is past system software 5.03 but is <= 6.20 you can homebrew enable your PSP using 6.20 TN-B and then run pspident to confirm the motherboard. Once confirmed you have a V3 motherboard you have the exact same options as the PSP 300x with 03G module.

PSP 200x NON TA088V3 motherboard

If your 2000 is past system software 5.03 but is <= 6.20 you can homebrew enable your PSP using 6.20 TN-B and then run pspident to confirm the motherboard. Once confirmed, you can use the downgrade process to take you back to 5.03. At 5.03 you can then homebrew enable your PSP using 5.03 chickhen and use hellcat recovery flasher to install the current permanent CFW such as 5.00 m33-6 or 5.50 GEN D3.

PSP 1000

If your 1000 is past system software 5.03 but is <= 6.20 you can install 6.20 TN-B and run the downgrade process to take you back to 5.03. At 5.03 you can then homebrew enable your PSP using 5.03 chickhen and use hellcat recovery flasher to install the current permanent CFW such as 5.00 m33-6 or 5.50 GEN D3.

or

You can install 6.20 TN-B, run psptool v1.00 and convert your battery to become a pandora battery. Once you have a pandora battery you can make an MMS and use it to flash CFW to your PSP.

Last edited by dbrums; 04-13-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: updating

Soul_Huey is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Thanks for the tutorial! Kinda helped me decide to downgrade or not still haven't chosen.. But right now TN-B Is working I pretty much backed up all my games and thats all I need it for. But it won't back up God of War (newer one) which is sad lol.. But I have never downgraded before is there a big chance of a brick or a little chance? And last question on the Newer Games patching does that mean I can backup my god of war onto it if I downgrade?

Thanks for the tutorial sorry for so much questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Huey View Post
    Thanks for the tutorial! Kinda helped me decide to downgrade or not still haven't chosen.. But right now TN-B Is working I pretty much backed up all my games and thats all I need it for. But it won't back up God of War (newer one) which is sad lol.. But I have never downgraded before is there a big chance of a brick or a little chance? And last question on the Newer Games patching does that mean I can backup my god of war onto it if I downgrade?

Thanks for the tutorial sorry for so much questions.
    there's little chance really especially since u're installing ofw.
    ghost of sparta works on tn-a so should work on tn-b

Soul_Huey is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Thank you! I don't see why I should downgrade then sense theres only extra plugins and themes. And yeah I figured it out why I couldn't play it. Thanks for your help..

Scorpus is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Good work

-Stickied-

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Huey View Post
    Thank you! I don't see why I should downgrade then sense theres only extra plugins and themes. And yeah I figured it out why I couldn't play it. Thanks for your help..
    The thing is, the TN HEN at this time, cannot play PS1 games. 5.03 CFW can. That and the fact that 6.20 cannot play online games on PSN is the reason I downgraded my PSP 3000 (3G).

Un®est®i©ted™

edong is offline -Hacks Newbie

hi im new at this one i have my psp 2000 and confused if ill be upgrading my firmware currently using chickHEN and my system software is at 5.03 GEN-C up to now i havent updated my psp.... any suggestions? thanks

u could add the prometheus addon but thats the latest firmware for your type of hardware.

edong is offline -Hacks Newbie

uhh i dont get it....sorry so is it safe if i upgraded to 6.3 now? or should i do nothing i heard that most of the games on psp right now cannot be played unless you upgrade your firmware? sorry totally newbie here

Quote Originally Posted by edong View Post
    uhh i dont get it....sorry so is it safe if i upgraded to 6.3 now? or should i do nothing i heard that most of the games on psp right now cannot be played unless you upgrade your firmware? sorry totally newbie here
    Prometheus 4 add-on will help u play a lot of the newer games. Some games won't work,there is no definitive list. The problem with upgrading to 6.35 is that the promeeus iso loader for 6.35 hen is in it's infancy and there are still games that don't work.

I suggest u forget about what people say and only upgrade if u have problems. Dont fix what's not broken. Also, if u do upgrade I suggest u upgrade to 6.20 TN-b because u can downgrade back to 5.03 if things don't work out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast