Thread: Another lawsuit from Sony

RNB_PSP is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default Another lawsuit from Sony

source: http://goo.gl/NGWlz (i so love goo.gl )
    Sony has filed a lawsuit against Youtuber xxmajstor, otherwise known as Abdullah Ahamad over the leak of 2 videos featuring the new PSP Phone in action. The phone which uses the Android system will be marketed under the Sony Ericsson name, but Sony has yet to officially mention anything about their upcoming product.

The legal situation is a bit tricky because of Ahamad’s location (Bosnia), but they are pressing hard to get him charged. Unlike other companies, Sony has been very particular about its products. The papers were filed on the morning of Friday 16th January and were faxed off and served that same day.

The legal papers should be sent to us within the hour, so make sure to check back to see them.
    That surprised me. What I know is that Sony doesn't comment or react to any rumor. Wow!

(sigh.. can't translate the right word to english.. what i'm trying to say was: "pinatulan nila 'to?")

Soul_Huey is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Wow looks the heat has gotten to there heads from geohot, rumors say geohot has a trump card if things don't go his way in the lawsuit he can whip out something badass.
    PSP|Slim|2000|6.20 TN-B>5.03>5.03GEN C>Hellcats Recovery Flash>M33 5.00 CFW>Gen-D 5.50 CFW|
    Xbox 360|Black|250GB|
    Ipod Touch|2G|4.1|Greenpois0n Jailbreak|8GB|

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Huey View Post
    Wow looks the heat has gotten to there heads from geohot, rumors say geohot has a trump card if things don't go his way in the lawsuit he can whip out something badass.
    Rumors again?

[low-voice]I'm Sony. I'm not bothered with rumors. Atleast not unless you post a video of a legit PSP Phone on youtube.[/low-voice]

LOL!!...

EDIT: it's psp phone not psp2.
    Last edited by RNB_PSP; 01-17-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Soul_Huey is offline -Hacks Neophyte

To many rumors if you follow geohots blog and site. But wow way to make that public sony now everyone knows the phone is real.
    PSP|Slim|2000|6.20 TN-B>5.03>5.03GEN C>Hellcats Recovery Flash>M33 5.00 CFW>Gen-D 5.50 CFW|
    Xbox 360|Black|250GB|
    Ipod Touch|2G|4.1|Greenpois0n Jailbreak|8GB|

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Huey View Post
    To many rumors if you follow geohots blog and site. But wow way to make that public sony now everyone knows the phone is real.
    Yeah, too many rumors, and this(psp phone video) is the only rumor they responded to. But that doesn't mean it'll be released anytime soon(or will ever be released). I'm sure Sony will change the design just to prove to us all the rumors are wrong.

shivadow is offline Banned -Hacks Monk

If Sony are actually planning on doing this they better have the guy on a written contract that specifically states about showing the phone to anyone. No contract = no case = no lawsuit.

Geohotz isn't going to jail because he didn't ever allow piracy. He cracked the system to be able to play homebrew, of which is a legal right in any country.

Sony, ever heard the saying "when in a hole... stop digging"?

roarshacky is offline -Hacks Newbie

>Bosnia

Yeah like they are going to get him.