Thread: Sony will release its latest PSP next week

iPsPx is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default Sony will release its latest PSP next week

To fight off Nintendo and Apple

GAMES CONSOLE MAKER Sony is set to release the latest incarnation of its Playstation Portable (PSP) console next week.

Sony had pushed out updates to its PSP console prior to the high volume Christmas buying season in 2007, 2008 and 2009 in a bid to boost sales, however nothing arrived in 2010. Bloomberg reports that Sony will be unveiling the latest PSP on 27 January, weeks before Sony Ericsson shows off a gaming orientated smartphone.

Bloomberg's unnamed source claims that Sony is looking to incorporate a way of sharing content between its various products. Given that Sony is pushing its cloud based content service Qriocity heavily, it would be surprising not to see it featured alongside the games download service that was debuted with the PSP Go.

While Nintendo remains top dog in the portable gaming market, both it and Sony are facing stiff competition from Apple. The fruit themed toymaker has enjoyed considerable success in the gaming market with the Ipod Touch and Sony must feel it needs to release something that will at the very least cement its second position in the market.

Aside from the PSP, the much talked about Xperia Play, dubbed the 'Playstation phone', is set to be released at Mobile World Congress, being held in Barcelona next month.

It will be interesting to see if Sony's decision to stagger the release of the two devices mutes the response to the new PSP next week. µ
    Thu 20 Jan 2011, 15:17http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...ny-release-psp
    I wonder what features this psp is going to have xD

lilmetal is offline -Hacks Hacker

I couldn't care less about their new phone.
    Just because it's got a Playstation emulator?

The next PSP though, now that intrigues me.
    Mainly because of the enormous boasts they've been making about it.

EDIT: and, the 3DS is too pricey.
    No matter how many great looking remakes it has.
    I'll end up buying one, or the other though.
    Last edited by lilmetal; 01-20-2011 at 12:11 PM.

iPsPx is offline -Hacks Neophyte

i wonder how its going to look like
    im going to buy it too
    Last edited by iPsPx; 01-20-2011 at 12:39 PM.