Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Still getting NGP after Sony started lawsuits?

nick529 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Still getting NGP after Sony started lawsuits?

I just want to know how everyone else feels about Sony's whole situation. The NGP looks amazing and I had my heart set on getting it but at this rate I can't see myself buying another electronic from them. I've always preferred Sony consoles but their irresponsibility in this case is just outstanding. Hopefully Sony will come to their senses quickly and the court makes a good decision on the case. Anyone have any thoughts or predictions of whats to come?

lilmetal is offline -Hacks Hacker

Sony can sue whoever they want.
    They make good products, that's a fact.
    If the NGP turns out to be everything I've ever dreamed of, I'm not gonna miss out.

I must agree, I love their products but when it comes down to it want at least some companies to behave properly and not use their wealth and size to manipulate the government and other companies. I might get it but man Sony is pissing me off, lol.

EarlZ is offline -Hacks Smarty

Im gonna buy the console for the games, any extra hackers can make out of it is a bonus and not a deciding factor for me.
    PlayStation Portable | 3001 04G | 16GB Sony HX
    6.35Pro-B

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

@OP People like you piss me off for the simple fact of how fucking retarded your logic is. Your not going to buy a Sony product because they are suing people for compromising their security? It would be like you buying a rental apartment property complex and having someone bust every window and kick in every door. Would you not sue? Thats basically what happened to Sony. "I can not believe my landlord. I will never rent another unit from him again because he is suing the person that compromised our security".

-e-
    Perhaps you were talking about the LG lawsuits with them going on. If so I take the retarded logic back if not I dont lol. Read about the LG stuff just now. I will still buy Sony products. They make excellent hardware.
    Last edited by Jsamp; 02-09-2011 at 12:14 PM.

ASCiiDiTY is offline -Hacks Veteran

I will be sticking to my PSP's until the price drops and its been hacked (at least HEN)..

@JSAMP- I'm not talking about the Geohot lawsuit, well more not defending Geohot hacking the ps3, more Sony's other actions, Sony is after the IP addresses of those who commented on the video, which is going to far in my thoughts. I will not debate with you about hacking consoles because I don't like playing hackers online. Hacking a home console is a little useless in my mind. Hacking portables I can tolerate because of the homebrew it gives. I'm saying Sony managed to move the lawsuit away from the district Geohot is in, where he made the hack and should therefore thats where the case should be heard, instead Sony convinced the judge to move the case to(I think California). I am also aware of the LG lawsuits but it confuses me and all I can get is they are both suing for patent infringement. I don't like our patent system that allows vague patents through, but I'm more focused on how Sony is also going after the viewers of the video ip addresses, I see this as an attack on free speech. If I still piss you off then fine, I have my opinions and you yours, never yell at someone for speaking what they think.

Back on topic, if they don't do anything about the commenter's on the video I will be happy. All I'm trying to say is they should be direct in their attack and just get the hacker and ban those hackers that cheat online. There is no need to get everyone in their path.

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

i will buy and also 3ds.

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by kamenrider View Post
    i will buy and also 3ds.
    same

have my 3ds on pre-order

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

Jsamp is offline Outa time -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by nick
    Sony is after the IP addresses of those who commented on the video
    As my speech teacher in college would say I need at least 3 reputable sources for me to believe you. You got them? And no I dont mean from hacking sites I mean from like CNN or MSNBC or actual published legal documents. That just sounds like complete garbage honestly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast