Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attention ALL 5.50 GEN-D3 Prometheus 4 Users

Enkeixpress is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thumbs up Attention ALL 5.50 GEN-D3 Prometheus 4 Users

It is time for you to finally update.. to 6.38 ME custom firmware

http://www.psp-hacks.com/2011/04/16/...dels-released/

I just updated, It works perfectly. All the ISOs I have on my memory stick work, very smooth on XMB.. no problems whatosever. Most XMB plugins I use like DayViewer by Total_Noob, cwcheat work really well, PSN store works without using PSNLover plugin which is pretty cool as well.

Just follow the steps in the README file. If it says that you have version 9.99 upon trying to install the custom firmware then disable version.txt in "recovery menu" first & then you'll be able to install the custom firmware easily.

This is awesome, I've been on 5.50 GEN-D3 Prometheus-4 for ages but now I'm able to be on the latest version, I love it!

Last edited by Enkeixpress; 04-17-2011 at 10:22 PM.

johnnychimpo is offline -Hacks Newbie

3rd birthday working fine for you? Not on my psp 2k with 6.38me. I downgraded back until all the functionality is there.

Enkeixpress is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by johnnychimpo View Post
    3rd birthday working fine for you? Not on my psp 2k with 6.38me. I downgraded back until all the functionality is there.
    ah, haven't played that one so can't say..

But GT Portable, & N+ work fine.. I'd imagine that almost all PSP isos work fine.. just some of the newer games will need patches or you might need to wait for a new plugin that makes 'em work with this new custom firmware.
    Last edited by Enkeixpress; 04-17-2011 at 10:21 PM.

shakan09 is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnychimpo View Post
    3rd birthday untouched iso works fine for me on 6.38 ME

kaitoshinichi is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

this is kind of a useless advertising post. its your opinion that 6.38 ME is good but that doesnt necessarily mean it's better.

at this point in time, theres still more homebrew support and other small features that are greater on 5.00m33 and 5.50gen-d3 prom4 in my opinion to require updating to 6.38ME. plus isotool works well for newer games anyways

SsJVasto is offline -Hacks Newbie

Exclamation

Yeah, but I recently caught a snag in 5.50 GEN-D3 prom4: I bought "Invizimals"... The camera's USB drivers aren't available in 5.50 nor in 6.20, so I'll be trying this tonight... if it works, I'm going to have to upgrade my 4 PSP's!

fowler002 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by SsJVasto View Post
    Yeah, but I recently caught a snag in 5.50 GEN-D3 prom4: I bought "Invizimals"... The camera's USB drivers aren't available in 5.50 nor in 6.20, so I'll be trying this tonight... if it works, I'm going to have to upgrade my 4 PSP's!
    try 5.00m33-6 with the torky 6.20/6.30 plugin.

Klink is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by fowler002 View Post
    try 5.00m33-6 with the torky 6.20/6.30 plugin.
    I had that game and camera and i have tried 5.00 m33-6 with both 6.20 and 6.30 plugin and it still dosen't work i tried everything to get it to work the only way i got it to work was when i tried and useing 6.37 ME

Shack70 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Been waiting for something like this!! Disabling version.txt did not work for me but you can fix the 9.90 error by:

1. Press select in xmb and where it says usb device change it from memory stick to flash 0 and connect to computer.

2. Don't touch anything in the usb, just search for the file, version.txt.

3. Open it up and change release number from 9.90 to 5.50 or lower than 6.20 or anything you want your version number to be.

4. Change usb device back to memory stick.

5. Install CF!

junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

This, is a useless thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast