Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. PSP Go

90180360 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Unhappy

If there's already a thread I honestly can't see it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20055682-1.html

Too bad, I think it's a really great piece of hardware.

What's most surprising about the unlife of the PSPGo was how it never got repurposed or tweaked. There was never any fervor to hack it and exploit it for unintended use, as has been done for other devices like the DS, Kinect or mainline PSP models.

http://techland.time.com/2011/04/20/...ing-psp-3000s/

Powerslave is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Titan

The price to was too high, for a smaller screen, and no UMD. It only lasted two years, while the PSP is still in production.

In a strange disclosure Sony officials have admitted that the PSP Go has been an epic failure when it comes to sales. Why? They believe it is too confusing for most consumers due to the lack of a UMD drive which ultimately resulted in fans of the media staying clear of the new PSP device.

PSP Go the new device has sold a total of 23,455 units in Japan versus an average weekly sales of 70,342 units for the original PSP.

lilmetal is offline -Hacks Hacker

Got my PSP Go a while ago and love it. (Cause, it's running a CFW)

I see how people can be put off by the all digital media.
    Especially since the PSN is no iTunes Store.
    Main problem there is that if you already owned a ton of UMDs,
    they would be rendered useless if you decided to invest in a Go.
    Plus, when the system launched, the number of games available as digital downloads on the PSN was super weak.
    Even now, there's still games that don't have digital versions. (Kingdom Hearts...)

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lilmetal View Post
    Even now, there's still games that don't have digital versions. (Kingdom Hearts...)
    This was a big fault with the system ... The publishers having the choice to have a digital version available or keep it strictly UMD. This is the exact same case with Kingdom Hearts.

Me, I would love to have a pspGO just to have one around without having to worry about keeping a memorystick. (Had to give my 4GB to my cousin, so my PSP has been dormant ever since) The screen and the internal memory were big pluses for me but being limited to just PS Store downloads kinda blew it off.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

iamafreak is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

When PSP Go failed, sony added a few more features and launched xperia play:

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

look like,
    it NOT dead in America

Sony 'continuing production of PSP Go' in America

by Alexander Sliwinski (9 minutes ago)

Japan and Europe may be finished with the PSP Go, but SCEA says it's not done with the downloadable-only handheld device.

Following up with Sony of America for clarification after recent events, we wanted to know if the company was still manufacturing and shipping the handheld. Today we were told: "We are continuing production of PSP Go for North America."

Several weeks ago, Sony informed Joystiq, "We are going to continue to make shipments of PSP Go," after Amazon updated the PSP Go's product page to note the device was "discontinued by manufacturer."

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

king kaos is offline -Hacks Member

if sony had better features like free streaming, youtube support, internal memory (lets say 1gb) maybe the psp would have more ppl buying it.

nowadays streaming media is a big thing - if sony was smart they would have their psp compatible with it.

HAIL TO TH E K I N G B A B Y!

Shadowraith is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    look like,
    it NOT dead in America
    lol
    Just goes to prove us Americans ARE the tards of the world....
    sony can still sell an undersized, uncomfortable portable device cause' it looks good in America. The rest of the world is actually concerned with what it can actually DO. xD
    psp phat>ofw5.03>3.71m33>5.00m33-6>GenB-2>5.00m33-6 w/1.50 addon

Go ahead and add rep if I helped
    check out the best game EVER created here

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowraith View Post
    lol
    Just goes to prove us Americans ARE the tards of the world....
    sony can still sell an undersized, uncomfortable portable device cause' it looks good in America. The rest of the world is actually concerned with what it can actually DO. xD
    Honestly if you think that way then you are not very smart. Demographics. It means that the PSP is able to be sold here better because the people here actually play a lot more video games. Other places in the world have a lot less gamers due to many reasons. It has the exact same functionality as any PSP. As for comfort, no model PSP is very comfortable. The best one so far I would have to say is the PSP 1000, it filled my hands quite nicely as compared to the PSP 2k and 3k that I own.
    Last edited by Cheesetheif; 04-22-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Un®est®i©ted™

Shadowraith is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

why would they quit selling it in the rest of the WORLD and only sell it in america? this country is small compared to the world. it must have been selling pretty damn bad in order for them to just call it quits. look at the rest of the world compared to the U.S. good games? Japan, and MAYBE get a U.S. release.
    the psp GO has pretty much half of it's predecessors' features removed, and sold poorly. there is absolutely 0 reason to buy a GO over a psp 1k or 2k. I agree that the U.S. plays a crap load of video games, but if we do, would it not make the most sense to buy something with more features for less money? the only reason the GO even sold slightly is because it was 'new'.
    psp phat>ofw5.03>3.71m33>5.00m33-6>GenB-2>5.00m33-6 w/1.50 addon

Go ahead and add rep if I helped
    check out the best game EVER created here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast