Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone think hacking isn't worth it?

cdslim is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Anyone think hacking isn't worth it?

I'm thinking about getting a psp to play ps1/psp/snes roms on it. But now that psx 1 classics are quite cheap I'm not sure if it's worth risking bricking my psp, or if I buy a psp with the latest firmware i'll be out of luck. Any opinions?

Neon Knight is offline -Hacks Guru

There is no risk of bricking your PSP if you know what you are doing.
    If you buy a PSP with the latest FW you can now downgrade it and install CFW (as long as it's not PSP 3000 with 07g or 09g module).
    http://forums.dashhacks.com/f118/ofw...rader-t296594/

It's your choice if you want to do it, but hacking a PSP has never been easier. We can expect probably a future release of the 6.38 Downgrader with support for every single PSP on OFW 6.38.

cdslim is offline -Hacks Newbie

Is there a way to check whether it's a PSP 3000 with 07g or 09g module before buying it? Like on the box somehow?

Edit: And other then what the psp comes with, what else do I need to buy? Do I need a pandora battery or is it unnessecary?

Neon Knight is offline -Hacks Guru

Unfortunately you can not determine the module of the PSP... You may ask the shop assistant for a PSP which has been staying for a long time - then the likelihood for a 3g/4g will be greater.
    And no, you don't need to buy anything else.

king kaos is offline -Hacks Member

best bet is you can try amazon for a used PSP thats older. which meens older FW. or like neon said you can ask the clerk for more info

HAIL TO TH E K I N G B A B Y!

Gallamore is offline -Hacks Newbie

best bet is you can try amazon for a used PSP thats older. which meens older FW. or like neon said you can ask the clerk for more info

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ipad 2 keyboard ipad 2 keyboard Bluetooth ipad 2 keyboard cases

Klink is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Gallamore;1557790]best bet is you can try amazon for a used PSP thats older. which meens older FW. or like neon said you can ask the clerk for more info

umm ok whats with you saying exactly and i mean exactly what king kaos said

FaPaThY is offline -Hacks Newbie

If you'll buy used, maybe try a site like Craigslist and see if you can buy it locally. If it's not already pre-hacked, you could probably ask the owner for the info or get him to run PSPident. Also lets you see the PSP first-hand to make sure it's as-advertised.

I got my PSP3001 off some guy advertising at Kijiji.ca and am happy with it. I didn't ask him for any info on the PSP, since the deal was pretty good already(Great condition PSP+8GB memory card+4 games = $100), and luckily got a 3g.

SAND33P is offline -Hacks Newbie

buy a 1000, its the easiest to hack but u lose 32mb ram, so a 2000 would be better

NirvashStarwind is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cdslim View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a psp to play ps1/psp/snes roms on it. But now that psx 1 classics are quite cheap I'm not sure if it's worth risking bricking my psp, or if I buy a psp with the latest firmware i'll be out of luck. Any opinions?
    With the latest hack release for the newest PSP firmware, there is absolutely No chance of bricking your PSP.

I have personally used the hack on 4 different PSP`s now, each different models, And the hack determines just what version of PSP you have and changes the settings for the hack to precicly match your PSP type, Even down to being a go, slim, 1000, 1001, 3g, 5g, or whatever psp you have.

it truely is, the most foolproof hack so far in psp history. And you dont need ANYTHING except a memory stick.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/2011/05/29/...o-b6-released/

And the best thing I like about this hack~ If you ever feel like backing out of a custom firmware, You can just do a coldboot of the system and you will be back to normal until you run fastrecovery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast