Life, Love and Work

Basically a summary of latest events and news.

Sunday 26 June 2011 at 8:19 pm. Used tags: beta, cfw, crispy, godeater, online, pc, pro, server, test Been some time since I posted on here, but believe me it's been a busy life.
There has been a short server downtime today, I don't quite know what caused this - but it seems there was some kind of emergency reboot / maintenance at my server provider.
Read more to get a good overview of the latest happenings.
To be honest, I didn't have a lot of time to invest into PRO online mode development lately...
My summer job keeps me busy and sadly, this ranks higher than every hobby of mine, no matter how much I like it.
However it's a client / server based coding I need to finish over this summer to earn my money, so I hope that it will teach me some new tricks in how I can improve the networking of PRO online even more.
I will keep you guys updated on that matter if I trip over some interesting infos while I work on that.
... on the other end though, things ARE moving, even in my absence for PRO related matters...
A mistake in the credits.txt file of PRO has been eradicated, we forgot to mention one of our fellow contributors in there and are sorry for this, the problem has been solved and the credits.txt file was fixed.
VirtuousFlame, our offline feature master coder #1 has moved onto PS1 development again and is working on a Popsloader for PRO CFW aswell as a accompanying updated Popcorn Patch module to support this.
So far support for 6.20, 6.35 and 6.39 POPS has been added, currently he is concentrating his efforts on supporting the 5.X POPS libraries with more to come.
Back to the server downtime earlier, due to this the PRO online betatest server has been unavailable for a few hours, again, we are sorry for this - all should be back in working order now.
While I'm at it, I've checked the PRO online serverlogs... and more than 110 different users have been using the service actively already, this is impressive and makes me happy to see that the God Eater Burst online server seems to be, lets say, atleast somewhat visited.
The logs were kinda interesting, as I was already able to spot a few hacking attempts in them...
Guess it seems the server didn't mind that and kicked those kiddies out... really nice for a initial betatest.
As for the summer job... yes, it will keep me rather busy for a month and a bit... however I still have the weekends to use as I please... but even there... my girl ranks higher than PRO... sorry to say.
I will try to squeeze in a few hours of active working into PRO every weekend though, promise guys!
One way or another, there I'm off - helping Crispy fix her computer ~
ttyl Guys, Coldbird.
this should make many pro user(that play ps1 games) happy