Thread: TA-079v1 sucks in memorizing the time

5HJ1 is offline -Hacks Member

Talking TA-079v1 sucks in memorizing the time

I recently notice that my new psp 1006 can't memorise the time when i remove the battery

My other psp 1001 is TA-086, it can memorise the time

yes, so ya, im just asking if other motherboards do this except for mine

thanks

FIVE EYCH JAY ONE™

shivadow is offline Banned -Hacks Monk

Don't worry about it, I have 2 of them that are exactly the same. I'm not even sure any of the PSP's can remember the time without a battery.

jenny is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

It is probably caused by the little button cell on the motherboard being dead. It is used to keep the time/date settings when there is no battery in the PSP. As long as the battery is charged it'll keep time.

Quote Originally Posted by jenny View Post
    It is probably caused by the little button cell on the motherboard being dead. It is used to keep the time/date settings when there is no battery in the PSP. As long as the battery is charged it'll keep time.
    The PSP doesn't have a cmos battery.

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by shivadow View Post
    The PSP doesn't have a cmos battery.

I think you might find that that picture is of either a hardware clock or capacitor. There also isn't a regular oval timing crystal present on that board.

The difference is, a hardware clock is for timing signals so that they leave and arrive at the same time. This type of clock cannot remember the time.

However, the PSP can remember the time for a very limited period which means it could be a capacitor. It is definately not an RTC by definition.

jenny is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by shivadow View Post
    I think you might find that that picture is of either a hardware clock or capacitor. There also isn't a regular oval timing crystal present on that board.

The difference is, a hardware clock is for timing signals so that they leave and arrive at the same time. This type of clock cannot remember the time.

However, the PSP can remember the time for a very limited period which means it could be a capacitor. It is definately not an RTC by definition.
    There are a few crystals on the PSP motherboard. Though not all of them are used for the RTC. The RTC would either be built into one of the chips or a separate chip.

Also here is a picture of a TA-79 motherboard with labels. The clockgen and several crystals are labeled as are other parts.