Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about getting PSP 3000 (MAJOR CONCERNS)

bubbaXzone is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Thinking about getting PSP 3000 (MAJOR CONCERNS)

So i am thinking about getting a psp3000 and if you know me you know i get freaked out with hacking the psp or taking it a part. i am afraid that I am gonna break it or brick it.
    So any insight or info would be great, and thanks for any post.

I decided imma get the 6.39 CFW. Cause that seems easiest to do considering most psp 3000 has 6.39 ofw there already.

1. will the 6.39 cfw work with 3001 psp if i get that. I don't even know how to tell exactly which 3000 i got .

2. I got a psp1000 and it uses 6.20 PRO b6 and it's perma. Will switching memory sticks be dangerous and might brick the psp or something?

3. What about SEplugins? Thats effected by memory stick right? Cause i had to put SEplugins when i got the 16 gig memory card. Will this be ok to transfer the SEplugins to the psp3000? Or some seplugins are not compatible? Let me know if this is dangerous.
    some notable plugins are
    NPloader
    adhoc one for xlinkkai (forgot exact name)
    CWcheat

think i got some others i dunno. Will it be ok to use the 16 gig memory stick wit those se plugins?

4. Since mypsp1000 is 6.20 PRO b6 (perma) I have a vsh.orgin vile on the root that i think i got when i made the 6.20 perma. The person who helped me with the 6.20 said if i lose that vsh.orgin file i am screwed. And i remember when i got the 16 gig memory card i had to put the vsh in again.
    And one of the guys i pmed said the VSH.ORGIN will brick the psp3000. So what should i do in this situation?

If i leave the se plugins i have
    and the vsh.orgin both on the memory sticks
    will that be ok to put it in the psp3000 and nothing will happen bad?

thanks for any responses and feedback

Casavult is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaXzone View Post
    So i am thinking about getting a psp3000 and if you know me you know i get freaked out with hacking the psp or taking it a part. i am afraid that I am gonna break it or brick it.
    So any insight or info would be great, and thanks for any post.

I decided imma get the 6.39 CFW. Cause that seems easiest to do considering most psp 3000 has 6.39 ofw there already.

1. will the 6.39 cfw work with 3001 psp if i get that. I don't even know how to tell exactly which 3000 i got .

2. I got a psp1000 and it uses 6.20 PRO b6 and it's perma. Will switching memory sticks be dangerous and might brick the psp or something?

3. What about SEplugins? Thats effected by memory stick right? Cause i had to put SEplugins when i got the 16 gig memory card. Will this be ok to transfer the SEplugins to the psp3000? Or some seplugins are not compatible? Let me know if this is dangerous.
    some notable plugins are
    NPloader
    adhoc one for xlinkkai (forgot exact name)
    CWcheat

think i got some others i dunno. Will it be ok to use the 16 gig memory stick wit those se plugins?

4. Since mypsp1000 is 6.20 PRO b6 (perma) I have a vsh.orgin vile on the root that i think i got when i made the 6.20 perma. The person who helped me with the 6.20 said if i lose that vsh.orgin file i am screwed. And i remember when i got the 16 gig memory card i had to put the vsh in again.
    And one of the guys i pmed said the VSH.ORGIN will brick the psp3000. So what should i do in this situation?

If i leave the se plugins i have
    and the vsh.orgin both on the memory sticks
    will that be ok to put it in the psp3000 and nothing will happen bad?

thanks for any responses and feedback

#1 Nooo, CFW 6.39 WILL brick your PSP 3000, unless you use the (Light) LCFW.

#2 Personally I see it as a waste if a fully hackable PSP uses (Light) LCFW such as PRO B. If I was you I would update that to neur0ns CFW for 1000s and 2000s. Switching memory stick's should not have any affect besides your plug-ins won't work, that's all.

#3 Some plug-ins may or may not work.

#4 That file is specific for your PSP, if it was extracted on your 1000 PSP then it is for that PSP, no other PSP. Keep the vshorig on the PSP it was extracted on.
    PSP 2000 TA-085v1 32GB PRO-HG Duo™ HX 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW and 6.60 PRO-C f3
    PSP 1000 TA-086 8GB PRO-HG Duo™ HX 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW and 6.60 PRO-C f3
    PS Vita 3g + Wifi 32GB 2.02 ARK eCFW
    PS3 Fat 750GB (60GB) 4.41 Rebug CFW ~ PS3 Fat 500GB (40GB) 3.55 Rebug CFW

Quote Originally Posted by Casavult View Post
    Get a 1000 or hackable 2000, then a spare memory stick and a pandora battery, then hack your PSP to your hearts content and if you brick you have your MMS and pandora.

#1 Nooo, CFW 6.39 WILL brick your PSP 3000, unless you use the (Light) LCFW.

#2 Personally I see it as a waste if a fully hackable PSP uses (Light) LCFW such as PRO B? If I was you I would update that to neur0ns CFW for 1000s and 2000s. Switching memory stick's should not have any affect besides your plug-ins won't work, that's all.

#3 Some plug-ins may or may not work.

#4 That file is specific for your PSP, if it was extracted on your 1000 PSP then it is for that PSP, no other PSP. Keep the vshorig on the PSP it was extracted on.
    ok thanks for your reply. I am not sure what LCFW but i assume that means you can't use perma which somone else told me so i would just have to just run the PRO if psp resets or i turn it off and put it back on again.

well thats wat i am worried about with the vsh.orig. I got that file when i made the 6.20 PRO b6 perma. I know you might think it's a waste but this hacking stuff gets me really nervous ya kno . So if it works i am content with wat i got now hehe.

Now about the vsh.orig the thing is i had the 8gb memory stick where i got that file via making 6.20 PRO b6 perma. When i just got a 16 gb memory stick i had to put in the vsh.orig again and SEPLUGINS. So i made a back up of the vsh.orig in my computer.

now thats wat i am worried about if i get a psp3000 (i don't think i am able to get a 1000 or 2000 due to not being in stores and i don't buy stuff online) that i gotta take out the vsh.orig and then i won't be able to use the psp1000 cause i took out the vsh.orig.

What you think would happen if i left the seplugins/ vsh.orig and then put in my psp3000. Would nothing happen? Or will it just mess up everything and be a diaster?

I was hoping perhaps i can switch between psp to use.

OR do you suggest i just get another memory stick JUST FOR THE PSP1000 and i'll use the other 2 for the 3000?

where do they sell MMS or pandora batteries?

thanks again for taking the time to help me

ok thanks for your reply. I am not sure what LCFW but i assume that means you can't use perma which somone else told me so i would just have to just run the PRO if psp resets or i turn it off and put it back on again.

well thats wat i am worried about with the vsh.orig. I got that file when i made the 6.20 PRO b6 perma. I know you might think it's a waste but this hacking stuff gets me really nervous ya kno . So if it works i am content with wat i got now hehe.

Now about the vsh.orig the thing is i had the 8gb memory stick where i got that file via making 6.20 PRO b6 perma. When i just got a 16 gb memory stick i had to put in the vsh.orig again and SEPLUGINS. So i made a back up of the vsh.orig in my computer.

now thats wat i am worried about if i get a psp3000 (i don't think i am able to get a 1000 or 2000 due to not being in stores and i don't buy stuff online) that i gotta take out the vsh.orig and then i won't be able to use the psp1000 cause i took out the vsh.orig.

What you think would happen if i left the seplugins/ vsh.orig and then put in my psp3000. Would nothing happen? Or will it just mess up everything and be a diaster?

I was hoping perhaps i can switch between psp to use.

OR do you suggest i just get another memory stick JUST FOR THE PSP1000 and i'll use the other 2 for the 3000?

where do they sell MMS or pandora batteries?

thanks again for taking the time to help me
    Yes, I would definitely suggest buying a MS for your 1000. I had problems once sharing my memory stick between 2 PSPs but nothing serious, it would just be alot easier in my opinion if you had 1 MS for each of your PSPs. I have 5 MS's for 2 PSPs lol.

You can buy a normal memory stick (1GB MS's work fine) from a shop and run a magic memory stick maker program on your PC and make into one. I don't know about your city or country but here in the UK Pandora Batterys are not available to buy from a store, the only way would be to hard mod, soft mod or buy a pre-made battery online.

Keep a copy of the vshorig safe, I heard you will need it if you want to un-install the permanent patch.

If it was me, I would use 6.20 PRO on the 3000 and 6.39 ME 9.2 FULL CFW on the 1000... but that's just me.

I remember the first time I bricked my PSP, it was years ago... I purposely took out the battery while updating it to purposely brick it to try out the Pandora and MMS haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Casavult View Post
    Yes, I would definitely suggest buying a MS for your 1000. I had problems once sharing my memory stick between 2 PSPs but nothing serious, it would just be alot easier in my opinion if you had 1 MS for each of your PSPs. I have 5 MS's for 2 PSPs lol.

You can buy a normal memory stick (1GB MS's work fine) from a shop and run a magic memory stick maker program on your PC and make into one. I don't know about your city or country but here in the UK Pandora Batterys are not available to buy from a store, the only way would be to hard mod, soft mod or buy a pre-made battery online.

Keep a copy of the vshorig safe, I heard you will need it if you want to un-install the permanent patch.

If it was me, I would use 6.20 PRO on the 3000 and 6.39 ME 9.2 FULL CFW on the 1000... but that's just me.

I remember the first time I bricked my PSP, it was years ago... I purposely took out the battery while updating it to purposely brick it to try out the Pandora and MMS haha.

ok thanks for everything >

i think imma get a 4gb for the psp1000

I wanna use the 8gb and 16gb i have now for the 3000.
    So if i just remove the vsh.orgin i should be ok? And the memory stick should work fine for the 3000?

and what is a magic memory stick exactly. I don't think i wanna do that cause it's not really for me and i get nervous with that stuff .

and i'll keep pandora battery in mind but i am not sure if i will be able to find one.

LOL @ you bricking your psp on purpose haha.

ok thanks for everything >

i think imma get a 4gb for the psp1000

I wanna use the 8gb and 16gb i have now for the 3000.
    So if i just remove the vsh.orgin i should be ok? And the memory stick should work fine for the 3000?

and what is a magic memory stick exactly. I don't think i wanna do that cause it's not really for me and i get nervous with that stuff .

and i'll keep pandora battery in mind but i am not sure if i will be able to find one.

LOL @ you bricking your psp on purpose haha.
    I use 8GB Sony Pro-HG Duo HX High Speed MS on my PSP 1000 lol.

Just put the vshorig for the 1000 on the memory stick you plan to use for the 1000.

The magic memory stick works in conjunction with the pandora battery. It is used to flash full CFW to your PSP and to un-brick a bricked PSP. For example; you messed with the flash0 and when you boot up your PSP you get nothing but a black screen, this is when a magic memory stick and pandora become needed to un-brick the console and make it re-usable again.

If you plan to make a magic memory stick, I'd really suggest 512MB to 1GB because sometimes on memory sticks with higher memory you will get an error trying to inject IPL saying not enough sector space or something. (can't remember it's been 2 years since I last made a magic memory stick lol)

What does a MMS stick do tho?

and btw when i get the psp3000. How am i gonna get the vsh off of the 8gb and 16 gb for the psp3000? How should i do it? Should i do it on the psp1000 and take it off there? Then it's ok to use the memory stick for the 3000?

or i can just put the card in the 3000 and connect to PC and just delete it?

i don't want the psp to blow up if i take it out of the psp1000 lol.
    and i don't want the psp3000 to blow up if i take the vsh.orig into it just to take that out.

fowler002 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

not read through everything thats been said but a couple of points on the things I read:

1)installing(i.e. running proupdate) 6.39pro-b8 will NOT brick a psp 3000, its running the cipl flasher that may cause the brick(have read at least 1 person say they've run the cipl flasher on a semi-hackable psp and got an error message but the psp is fine, not worth the risk tho).

2)for the psp 1000 I'd suggest upgrading from 6.20pro-b6 to 6.39pro-b8 or 6.39me-9.2, don't ask me which is better/difference betwen them etc(main difference is me-9.2 is permanent 'out of the box' while pro-b8 you need to install a 'peranent patch').

before you upgrade you'll need to uninstall the 6.20pro-b6 permanent patch, follow(the uninstall 6.20pro-b8 bit, the steps are the same for pro-b6) http://forums.dashhacks.com/f133/5-0...-6-20-t295996/ remember you need the vshorig.prx file on the root of the memory stick when uninstalling the patch or else you'l brick the psp

to upgrade to 6.39pro-b8 follow http://forums.dashhacks.com/f133/ult...o-cfw-t299905/

3) when you get the psp 3000 to 'hack it' follow http://forums.dashhacks.com/f133/ult...o-cfw-t299905/ you may be able to install 6.20pro-b8 with permanent patch dependent on the g module of the psp, the tutorial will tell you how to find it etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fowler002 View Post
    not read through everything thats been said but a couple of points on the things I read:

1)installing(i.e. running proupdate) 6.39pro-b8 will NOT brick a psp 3000, its running the cipl flasher that may cause the brick(have read at least 1 person say they've run the cipl flasher on a semi-hackable psp and got an error message but the psp is fine, not worth the risk tho).

2)for the psp 1000 I'd suggest upgrading from 6.20pro-b6 to 6.39pro-b8 or 6.39me-9.2, don't ask me which is better/difference betwen them etc(main difference is me-9.2 is permanent 'out of the box' while pro-b8 you need to install a 'peranent patch').

before you upgrade you'll need to uninstall the 6.20pro-b6 permanent patch, follow(the uninstall 6.20pro-b8 bit, the steps are the same for pro-b6) http://forums.dashhacks.com/f133/5-0...-6-20-t295996/ remember you need the vshorig.prx file on the root of the memory stick when uninstalling the patch or else you'l brick the psp

to upgrade to 6.39pro-b8 follow http://forums.dashhacks.com/f133/ult...o-cfw-t299905/

3) when you get the psp 3000 to 'hack it' follow http://forums.dashhacks.com/f133/ult...o-cfw-t299905/ you may be able to install 6.20pro-b8 with permanent patch dependent on the g module of the psp, the tutorial will tell you how to find it etc.

Thanks for your post. I think i am gonna leave 6.20 cause all this stuff freaks me out haha. I know i should upgrade but i am happy with what i got now .

any idea with the last post i did asking about the vsh.orig?

can i just leave it my memorystick or it will screw up the psp3000? I don't kno the best way to take it out if if i am gonna use the 2 memory sticks for the psp3000. OR i can just leave it on there?

hayame is offline -Hacks Newbie

I myself have a psp 3000 (The limited edition peace walker psp none the less) and I haven't had a problem doing CFW on it, I did have to wait since at the time I got it since 6.20pro-b wasn't out. As of right now, I'm currently on 6.35PRO-B6 non-perm (but it doesn't really bother me since I almost never turn off my psp.)

I myself was pretty much scared I was going to brick it, Especially since it was a limited edition, but everything followed through nicely and now I have an even more awesome psp 3000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast