Thread: About PSPgo.

PSPadict is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Default About PSPgo.

Why did Sony stopped manufacturing PSPgo?

And is there really no battery information on PSPgo? And if the battery died, can I change it? I don't know too much about PSPgo because I just got it with no box. (It's from my friend.)

PSP 3004 = Exchanged with PSP go.
    PSP go (PSP-N1001) = PRO-B9 PPatch installed.

Dookie is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Not sure, probably didn't sell well because people preferred UMDs.

Anyway, here you go:

http://us.playstation.com/support/manuals/psp/
    XBL - PhantomRampage - PSN

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

I remember writing an article on this a while back. The pspGO really was setup not to sell well. For those looking to upgrade their PSP to a GO was pretty much assed out if they had solely UMDs. On top of that, the amount of games available were cut down significantly since publishers decided on releasing a version for the PSN.

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Stiffeno is offline -Hacks Newbie

About 4 years ago i owned a PSP and only had about 5-6 UMD based games with a few movies, i actually HATED the UMDs. I had a carry pouch but they could only hold 2 or so UMD's in it so it was also a pain in the arse for me to carry around places.

I ended up selling it as i was saving for an Xbox360 (which red ringed 8months into owning it....and then had a 2nd one red ring on me so i ditched Xboxs for good - but thats another story!), traded in my games to places like GAME here in Australia and EBGames!

For years i read countless posts on various sites about how UMD sucked and that Sony should do away with them! Well Sony finally done away with UMD in the PSPGo and then everyone screams bloody murder? talk about hypocrisy to the max!!!

For starters the PSPGo was for new adapters of the handheld console, not for existing owners...from the second Sony make the choice not to allow a UMD > Digital download trade in offer they knowingly cut their possible userbase to new adapters and not existing owners. There is no reason for an existing user with UMD games to purchase...which naturally cut their sales!

I have read countless "reviews" (or Text Based Bashes as i call em) where the poster just done nothing but flame the console, and most of the ones who done the flame reviews were existing owners, however those of us who did not currently own a PSP1000, 2000 or 3000 pretty much love the thing!

I recently bought my PSPGo and i love the thing, i seriously cannot see why there was so much negativity over the thing! Ive got movies on it, games, homebrew (i got CFW), pics and even planning to get a bluetooth headset so i dont need to take my ipod earphones out with me (which btw wearing white earphones in public is like screaming "hey please rob me!"). I do EVERYTHING with this console!

I do understand where the exiting users are coming from, not being able to exchange their UMD for a digital copy is pretty crap but they must understand that giving that fact, they need to know the console isnt meant for them, its meant for ppl like me!

Oh and about it being hard to use with big hands isnt as bad as they make out, im 6"1 and have HUGE hands (and feet too for that matter) and i use this thing just fine!

In closing nearly ALL of the negatives these reviews list simply do not apply to most ppl who do not currently own a PSP with 30 games. The reviewer always seem to assume that every single person both already owns a PSP and has tons of UMDs....but thats not always the case!

HadesMinion is offline -Hacks Smarty

Pretty happy about mine, but that's probably because (Much like Stiffeno) I hated UMDs and always ripped them to ISOs and just bought myself a big ass memory stick, so the PSP Go worked out well for me. Not to mention it has a slightly higher quality screen than the PSPs before it. The only con to it was that I couldn't hack it out of the box, had to wait a bit.

Zero is offline Ad Man -Hacks Titan

PSP Go was nice, but it just wasn't what the market needed at the time.

PSPadict is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Does the battery percentage on dayviewer for PSP go doesn't help at all? Because, it's always at 99% then 4x%.

PSP 3004 = Exchanged with PSP go.
    PSP go (PSP-N1001) = PRO-B9 PPatch installed.