Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why so much negativity over PSPGo?

Stiffeno is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Why so much negativity over PSPGo?

Every single PSPGo review i read is nothing but flaming it and calling it a total failure and a mistake and all sorts of crap. I, in the past, owned a PSP2000 and a PSP3000 which i sold a year or so after getting it to pay for a PS3, and now own a PSPGo.

Now having used the old model and the PSPGo i seriously cannot understand why there is so much hate. Yes the price was a ripoff but had Sony simply lowered the price of the GO to that of older PSP models it would be perfect!

Everyone is bitching about UMD being gone yet for years gamers hounded Sony to ditch UMD...and when they finally do there is major outrage...outrage for a medium that everyone hated so much! Hypocrisy!

Im a large person (6"1 with huge hands) and i dont find the size of the controls too bad, its not a problem for me at all like most reviewers make out!

Also everyone is screaming about the 2nd hand market being dead for PSP games due to not being able to resell purchased and downloaded games from the PSN, or getting a refund if the games suck. Errr why so much hate towards Sony? What makes them different from Steam or the Xbox Live Store? im pretty sure if you buy a game off Steam and it sucks you cannot get a refund, you also cannot sell it at GAME or EBGames or anything like it, so its not Sonys fault, its just the way digital downloads work and have worked for years!

Also the design of it imo is sexy as hell, i whip mine out in public or in shops and even the store staff are like "Oh cool, is that the new PSP?", and some of them even have a quick go of it and love the thing!

I think what has happened is due to it being overpriced a lot of reviewers write massively negative reviews and naive ppl read em and think "Oh well the reviewer found this thing sucks, and the controls too small for hands, so i better not buy it"....yet their hands might be perfectly fine using the console, just like myself!

In closing the only things wrong with the GO is the price and a bad case of Viral Negative Reviews....

I suppose they should have gone ahead with the plan to let gamers trade in their UMDs for a digital copy but they didnt...which does suck for those with 30 games....but ppl like me with NO UMD's (plenty of ppl dont have UMDs) its not a problem at all!

I LOVE the PSPGo!

Cheers, Stephen!

My Current Consoles -
    (Australian Launch Day) Playstation Vita WiFi Only (Model PCH1002): 1.01 Updated to > 1.61
    http://ezrahtechreviews.wordpress.com (News and Reviews By the People, For the People)

Casavult is offline -Hacks Smarty

I owned a PSP Go! from release... Used it for about a month... Went back to my PSP 1000 and 2000.
    PSP 2000 TA-085v1 32GB PRO-HG Duo™ HX 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW and 6.60 PRO-C f3
    PSP 1000 TA-086 8GB PRO-HG Duo™ HX 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW and 6.60 PRO-C f3
    PS Vita 3g + Wifi 32GB 2.02 ARK eCFW
    PS3 Fat 750GB (60GB) 4.41 Rebug CFW ~ PS3 Fat 500GB (40GB) 3.55 Rebug CFW

Quote Originally Posted by Casavult View Post
    I owned a PSP Go! from release... Used it for about a month... Went back to my PSP 1000 and 2000.
    Any further input on why you done that?
    My Current Consoles -
    (Australian Launch Day) Playstation Vita WiFi Only (Model PCH1002): 1.01 Updated to > 1.61
    http://ezrahtechreviews.wordpress.com (News and Reviews By the People, For the People)

Organized_Chaos is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I don't like them because of the no UMD thing. I refuse to use Steam or the Xbox Live Store. If I buy a game that I don't like, I want the option of a refund.

That's why I never liked the PSP Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Organized_Chaos View Post
    I don't like them because of the no UMD thing. I refuse to use Steam or the Xbox Live Store. If I buy a game that I don't like, I want the option of a refund.

That's why I never liked the PSP Go.
    See people like me with no UMDs its a non-issue, i can see how it would be for some! But a lot of reviewers seem to assume that everyone who would ever be interested in the PSPGo owns 30 games...most ppl dont even own 10 games =/.
    My Current Consoles -

ZiNgABuRgA is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Smaller screen.
    Proprietary inputs for everything. (is the battery even replaceable?)
    No UMD = monopolistic game market. Steam isn't exactly a monopoly because you can still get stuff outside of Steam (although it's a quasi-monopoly in digital distribution of games).
    Unhackable at the time of release.
    Sony put way too much hype into something which really was nothing great.

Basically a worse version of a PSP which was selling for more. Only thing it had going for it was the internal 16GB of memory.

kamenrider is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Unhackable at the time of release
    Which consoles are hackable at release?

Quote Originally Posted by kamenrider View Post
    which consoles are hackable at release?
    psp-2000.

Rob S. is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

The PSPgo was designed for the user who wants improved portability.

No UMD and a smaller form factor, hence the smaller screen.

I use my PSPgo more than my 1000 or 2000.

I prefer the portability, and if you enjoy the classics, PSone games look much sharper at 480x272 on the 3.8" screen than on the 4.3".

I don't see it as a big concern that it uses a proprietary cable, especially since the cable is packaged with the hardware.

I could see if it required an additional purchase, but that's not the case.

Sure it would be better if it used a standard cable, since you'll always have another lying around somewhere if you need it for whatever reason, but i don't see that as a significant reason to avoid purchasing a piece of hardware.

It also won't stop me from purchasing a PSVita as soon as it's released, which most likely won't be hackable anytime soon, uses proprietary memory cards and proprietary cables as well.

Proprietary cables aren't a problem until they break or go wonky. For example, shops here sell the official headphone remote for like $50 (provided you can find one) - you can expect proprietary cables to also sell at some absurd premium. Of course, if you don't see yourself ever needing replacements, then this is a non-issue, but my thinking goes along the lines of "why limit yourself?".

Or you can try with Chinese fakes on eBay, which can be hit/miss, though significantly cheaper.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast