Thread: Hostcore

shivadow is offline Banned -Hacks Monk

Default Hostcore

I am wondering if anyone feels like picking up the Hostcore project and bringing it up-to-date for 6.xx?.

It's a plugin that allows you to stream files from a PC over WiFi but hasn't worked since 5.50.

The project was promising at first but has now been abandoned. The source code is available on Google Code. I don't have a clue about programming so I cannot do it myself. I think many people would benefit from this because memory sticks are still expensive.

Thanks to anyone who can give this some thought.

jenny is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I took a quick look at a few of the revision changes. Seems all it's needing is a few NID's, firmware ID's, and probably the includes from the SDK of the newer firmwares. Both files in revisions 14 and 17 would be of interest.

I fixed up some of the code. I'm still trying to find the NIDs that are needed for 6.60 at least. If I could find them for 6.20, 6.39, and 6.60 that would be great.

junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

Request for neur0n?

Seems like I got most of the NIDs updated and it doesn't semi-brick anymore. I'm still working on the launcher and the buttons. Seems like something has changed and I can't get it to activate using any of the hotkeys in the configuration file. The launcher will just crash as well, but I think it's just because I can't get the plugin to activate.

Also, someone move this over to the proper place. It should be over in the programming sub-forum.