Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: look like, Coldbird QUITS

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

Default look like, Coldbird QUITS

When Realization hits...
    Not really pleased. Not at all.

To those that always helped when I or my teammates where in trouble and couldn't provide the way we wanted to, please ignore this blog post.
    To the haters out there...
    I and all other PRO team members do this in their SPARE TIME, without payment, next to reallife.
    WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU GUYS EXPECT?
    We stop living, eating and code for you guys 24/7? Are you guys nuts?
    When you have to read 30 comments and 20 of them are flames because you can't stand us then for fucking sake don't bother to write anything at all, noone is forcing you to use our code, hell - it is even opensource, if you don't like it and want things to change then FUCKING DO THEM YOURSELF.
    As for me, this is the final wakeup call I needed.
    I'm joining many developers who did it before, this was the final push I needed, it's over!
    I'm sorry for my teammates who are left to fend for themselves now but this is goodbye.
    You guys did it, I'm gone. Continue and more people will leave without doubt.
    I bet someone is laughing right now being "Yes finally did it!" - only to realize lateron that they have cut their own flesh...
    VF, old mate, I will always be there to talk be it over good old times future projects outside of the scene, or just whenever you need someone to talk to.
    For the online project, I've handed the existing code to Codestation for refactoring and project continuation so you guys won't be left without online mode...
    and one more is now, GONE

BUT the good this is PRO IS OPEN SOURCE

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

why do people flame...what is the just cause of hatred.. if people keep this up then idk what will happen...if i had the skill and the time to learn..i would pick up a few books and learn to do it...but the more i read about things like this it discourages me from trying... cause why put my hard earned time into something like this to just get flamed...and it would take a lot of flaming to make me stop...damn haters..

R.I.P ColdBird...the ppl that have thanked you...the non flamers will dearly miss you as you people are few and far between..and i respect what you and others have done to the scene..and for that...i thank you
    THREAD RULES:
    don’t bash anyone asking for help
    don’t use this thread to start a flame war
    don’t use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

Stiffeno is offline -Hacks Newbie

As an ex-programmer myself i know how stressful it can be, and yes many ppl flame because a feature THEY personally wanted isnt in a certain application they happen to use!

That being said though, there is no reason to lose all composure and explode like that!
    My Current Consoles -
    (Australian Launch Day) Playstation Vita WiFi Only (Model PCH1002): 1.01 Updated to > 1.61
    http://ezrahtechreviews.wordpress.com (News and Reviews By the People, For the People)

Casavult is offline -Hacks Smarty

@ Stiffeno, +1

In all honesty, I don't blame him for quitting. I have seen his blog a few times and half the comments are just people requesting something for PRO CFW, flaming him/Team PRO or the CFW itself. Haters are gonna' hate and trolls are gonna' troll.

Anyway, good luck to him and his girl. I hope they live happily.
    PSP 2000 TA-085v1 32GB PRO-HG Duo™ HX 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW and 6.60 PRO-C f3
    PSP 1000 TA-086 8GB PRO-HG Duo™ HX 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW and 6.60 PRO-C f3
    PS Vita 3g + Wifi 32GB 2.02 ARK eCFW
    PS3 Fat 750GB (60GB) 4.41 Rebug CFW ~ PS3 Fat 500GB (40GB) 3.55 Rebug CFW

HadesMinion is offline -Hacks Smarty

Personally I don't think he over-reacted, some people can be selfish dicks. Imagine if you were working your ass off on something for months for a ton of people that are constantly telling you it sucks and that you need to add some more shit for it to be useful at all. I know I wouldn't have even lasted as long as he did. There's a point where people have to realise that the world doesn't revolve around them and maybe they'll have to go without a certain feature in the latest program for a while.

MagiusRerecros is offline -Hacks Newbie

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to disparage Coldbird for his actions. Like he said, he works on these projects for other people at no cost, in his spare time. It's his decision to make what he wants to, and people are lucky that he had decided to share his creations with us for as long as he did. These stupid flaming pricks seem to be of the belief that he owes them something. Programming is a long, arduous process, and having a ton of retarded people on the internet, who are likely no older than 13, mind you, bash you for your work claiming that it amounts to nothing more than shit, and was stolen from other people, makes that very process worthless. What's the point of putting yourself through all of that trouble when people aren't even going to appreciate it?

junKie is offline Gone fishin -Hacks Guru

I saw it coming...

Stiffeno is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MagiusRerecros View Post
    What's the point of putting yourself through all of that trouble when people aren't even going to appreciate it?
    The way i use to look at it was like this;

If even a single person was helped by what i had coded, it was all worth it!

But yes flamers do suck when you know 99% of them couldnt code HelloWorld to save their lives...let alone something worthwhile.
    My Current Consoles -
    (Australian Launch Day) Playstation Vita WiFi Only (Model PCH1002): 1.01 Updated to > 1.61
    http://ezrahtechreviews.wordpress.com (News and Reviews By the People, For the People)

InternetBully is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Awww man!

If anyone needs me... I'll be the fridge.

Sully2009 is offline -Hacks Newbie

i don't really understand why this happens. it's obvious people are going to flame and troll that happens all the time.. it's just the internet. not sure why it gets taken so personally, i mean if you really enjoyed programming and psp..

i suspect once they get into it for a while and realize that there is no real gain from doing it.. the flaming and trolling just gives an excuse to stop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast