Thread: PSP 3000: Lemme get this straight...

blahman179 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default PSP 3000: Lemme get this straight...

I've done some reading, and from what I've read, the reason a pandora doesn't work on a PSP 3000 not because of the motherboard, but because of the processor?

"The 3000 has a TA-090 motherboard but here is the thing, the pandora proof psp's dont have pandora proof motherboards. The IPL isnt loaded by the motherboard its loaded by the tachyon (the processor) which on the slim also contains the nand."

The only question I have is: why hasn't anyone tried toying with the processor?

I'm not a hardware guy, so forgive me if this is noobish.

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

the motherboard is the reason why it doesnt work...

that would be like on a computer if it was "locked" due to a virus then all u would need to do is replace the processor right?...well wrong if you replace the processor the virus is still there in that case the "motherboard" is the hdd in the computer..for basic virus'..but they are getting more advanced and can actually imbed themselves in the mobo..

where were you reading that? the ipl i belive is loaded by the processor..but the mobo prevents pandora as cant inject the ipl from pandora into the mobo to trick the processor
    THREAD RULES:
    donít bash anyone asking for help
    donít use this thread to start a flame war
    donít use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

Erland is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

All a processor does is process, it doesn't care if it's your code or SONY's.

The IPL which is the initial file that is loaded is located in an area that is inaccessible to us. If we cannot get to the IPL then we cannot examine it for an exploit. This means no full CFW, you can make a modified firmware but not Full custom.

If you want to load pandora, then you have to find a way to launch the IPL off the memory stick. Supposedly they found the trigger to load the "Service desk" IPL off the memory stick. However unless you have the IPL encrypted the way SONY does, you will not be able to load the IPL.

At this point you have 2 ways to get the IPL, 1. you can dump it if you have an exploit, but that's a catch 22, you need an exploit to find an exploit. 2. You can decap the chip and unless you have the money to buy the machine, this is not a possibility.

This is just a rough explanation, nothing too specific.
    Last edited by dm646; 07-11-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: edited
    Modded/Downgraded: Classics:65 | Slims:34 | UnBricked:6

PSP Classic Black = TA-079v1 - 4.01 M33-2 | PSP Slim Silver = TA-085v1 - 4.01 M33

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

really bumping a 2 year old thread..
    THREAD RULES:
    donít bash anyone asking for help
    donít use this thread to start a flame war
    donít use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.