Thread: Q: fully bricked psp 3000 (cfw)

Reo
    Reo is offline -Hacks Newbie

Unhappy Q: fully bricked psp 3000 (cfw)

I was trying to update the patch of the game(God Eater Burst) because I was unable to play the latest mission patch, so I tried to download the free GE2 checker patch from the PSN but unable to.(I'm using iso with cfw can't get to update(ver. patch) from the iso too)

So I looked for some website that teach me how update by using iso tool ver.1981----> that taught me to go to the game iso then choose Game Update, then here I got my psp bricked...it's fully bricked...

Q:
    am I able to send it to sony for repair without letting them knowing that I'm using cfw? or they'll find out for sure?(by the way, I'm living in Japan)

wouldn't like to sell it or destroy it, because I had been using my psp with a very good care.(no scratch at all) maybe the last thing I can do is just make it as a decoration? (´;ω;`)

FouadtjuhMaster is offline Administrator -Hacks Newbie

Can you give me more information? Is that really all you did? And you can try sending it to Sony, but they can see if there ever was installed CFW.

Reo

yes, I had explained what I had did. the last thing I do was chose the Game Update from the iso tool and then it get bricked completely.

since they can know that whether I had used cfw before or not, that mean that there's no hope for me to send it to them for repair...so sad... (。┰ω┰。)

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

installing cfw voids the warranty so you will have to pay to get it fixed by them just remember to keep your memory stick or use it as a door stop or paper weight or something
    THREAD RULES:
    don’t bash anyone asking for help
    don’t use this thread to start a flame war
    don’t use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

Reo

Quote Originally Posted by dm646 View Post
    installing cfw voids the warranty so you will have to pay to get it fixed by them just remember to keep your memory stick or use it as a door stop or paper weight or something
    wait...does that mean I can send it to them for repair just take out my memory stick and pay money to them?

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

usually but give them a call first and just say its out of warranty and ask how much it would cost and if they ask whats wrong say something like you bought it from a *insert retailer here* and it didnt work just has a black screen with a green light and you would like to get it repaired or say something else thats just an idea
    THREAD RULES:
    don’t bash anyone asking for help
    don’t use this thread to start a flame war
    don’t use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

Reo

I had sent my psp to them 2 days ago with a record card(I don't know what is it called in english, it's called karte in jap maybe that's actually a german?). In the record card, I write that "I was unable to download a free game patch so I keep trying to restart my psp and remove-insert the battery again for about 20 times. and I had accidently dropped it once."

and today I had received an e-mail from them said that they had fixed my psp by changing the main board and battery cover. have to pay for the repair fee about 9000yen(that's expensive, almost the same price as a new psp). I think I really dropped my psp once before so the battery cover is a little loose, and maybe that made them believed my word and didn't checked the main board but changed it.
    Thank you very much for the advice! That really helped me. (@^▽^@)