Thread: New to psp's need help plz!!

bbawk is offline -Hacks Newbie

Exclamation New to psp's need help plz!!

Alright guys im new to any psp's i've never had any but im thinking to buy PSP 3000 from amazon i just wanna ask about couple things !
    1- how much should it worth now ? used or new on amazon ?!
    2-what would i need with it ? like case,screen protector,charger,memory stick(recomended size) anyother acc! etc
    3-if i got a brand new one or a used one, can i hack it a download free games on it ?!! should it be on specific firmware ?!! if i need to downgrade how ?
    4-if yes and i can hack it ! how can i hack it ?! and what will i need to do it
    5 and finally what are your recommendations about buying the psp3000 now ? is it a good idea ? should i wait till the vita be cheaper or i just go and buy the psp 3000 ! and finally tell me overall review about the psp 3000 ? graphics games internet and console speed everything
    thanks alot guys i would appreciate your respond and answerss
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Anyone please!!!!!!

Last edited by dm646; 08-11-2013 at 04:58 PM.

mmmmmm is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

I have been out of the scene for a while, but I'll try to help you where I can here.
    Looking at amazon uk the 3000 is going for £70- £80, which works out to about $130.

This new unit at $99 looks fair.. Amazon.com: PlayStation Portable 3000 Core Pack System - Piano Black: Video Games
    From reading around here it looks like there is no exploit on Vita yet, so if you want to maximise functionality it would be better to get the 3000, there is a massive catalogue of homebrew available for the old psps. Sony really failed very hard with their security on the original PSPs and it looks like they have learned their lesson when it comes to the Vita.

The best place to get info for the hacking... http://forums.dashhacks.com/psp-tutorials-guides/309276-psp-hacking-thread-complete.html
    Read the parts about the 3000 model to help identify which specific build you have. You may find that a particular version of the 3000 is easier to customise, it depends on the hardware revision.

It might be better for you to research the hardware identifying methods first and then look around your local stores for a second hand PSP. If a shopkeeper will let you examine a unit you will be able to check the motherboard revision code.

Yes, you will want a screen protector, easy to find now since most phone shops sell them, and get yourself a good size Memory Stick Duo, 8 gigabyte is good for a few games and movies. If you want to Emulate retro games from the 16bit era for example, you will be able to fit thousands of games on there.
    Last edited by mmmmmm; 08-10-2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: typos :/
    ( ^^)b

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

long time no mmmmmm glad to see you back

@OP wrong section to ask and no need to have all the flashy big font

edit: also next time EDIT your post dont double post
    THREAD RULES:
    don’t bash anyone asking for help
    don’t use this thread to start a flame war
    don’t use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.

Casavult is offline -Hacks Smarty

Get a PSP Go. The 3000 is garbage.
    PSP 2000 TA-085v1 32GB PRO-HG Duo™ HX 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW and 6.60 PRO-C f3
    PSP 1000 TA-086 8GB PRO-HG Duo™ HX 6.60 ME-1.8 CFW and 6.60 PRO-C f3
    PS Vita 3g + Wifi 32GB 2.02 ARK eCFW
    PS3 Fat 750GB (60GB) 4.41 Rebug CFW ~ PS3 Fat 500GB (40GB) 3.55 Rebug CFW

alexadam1212 is offline -Hacks Newbie

im a newbie here too ,thanks for your warm suggestions

dm646 is offline Moderator -Hacks Ninja

really bump an old thread?
    THREAD RULES:
    don’t bash anyone asking for help
    don’t use this thread to start a flame war
    don’t use unsuitable language (this is a child friendly thread)
    if you find an error with this thread please post it in red (like this line) with your help we will keep any brick possibilities to a minimum
    Do not use red for anything else.