Thread: Can PS1 games with Save Game Import bonuses work on PSP?

aozgolo is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Can PS1 games with Save Game Import bonuses work on PSP?

I have the game Suikoden (both as a downloaded EBOOT and the official PSN store version) as well as a Suikoden II EBOOT, I was wondering if it was possible through the PSP to import save data from a finished Suikoden to Suikoden II to access the in-game bonuses? Also curious if games that scan your memory card like Metal Gear Solid or Legend of Mana still work properly?

I guess my question more accurately is, if the PS1 Memory Card is perfectly emulated to the point that the PS1 games can't tell a difference?

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

you can
    just import the S1 save to S2 MC

i was able to unlock "Legend of Mana" extras by have the saves for the other games need on the LoM card
    it was trick as some games are NO on the PSN so i have to make my own and use CWcheat to import the EPXSE memory card

but that was a few years ago

but as long as the save data needed is on the SAME card (the S1 save needs to be on the S2 card) for the game to use the save

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

aozgolo is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thank you for the quick reply, I've found a lot of saves online for these games and may try to convert them over. I'm slowly trying to go back and finish my old PS1 RPGs again and experience everything so being able to bring in these saves is really beneficial.