The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Thread: pspHBSortTool v4 - HB Sorting for GameCategories/GCLite/GCLight

PartQual is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Lightbulb pspHBSortTool v4 - HB Sorting for GameCategories/GCLite/GCLight

pspHBSortTool v4.0
    posted 2011.07.25

Here's the likely final release of my little tool which allows you to organise the display order on the PSP of your favourite homebrews.

This tool has been built with Bubbletune's Game Categories in mind, and allows you to change the order your homebrew appears
    on the PSP within the categories. Support has been included for GCLite and GCLight, and where appropriate you can
    change the order of the categories as well.

Main updates are to add support for GC Light and GC Lite and to accommodate some user requests (such as adding multi-select
    on main screen and auto-scrolling when using drag/drog), but there are some further tweaks to the GUI to help avoid confusion
    with GC modes - see version history in readMe file.

Please note that the HexEdit function should still be regarded as BETA functionality for now - details in readMe...

Please report bugs to this thread...
    I would particularly appreciate feedback on the BETA and drag/drog functions - there's only so much testing I can do on my own...

MUCH credit goes, of course, to Bubbletune for Game Categories in the first place.

PQ.

Built using Microsoft .NET Framework v2.
    Tested, in various random combos, using:
    o WinXP / Vista / Win7;
    o 5.00 M33-6 / 6.39 PRO-B7;
    o Phat / Slim;
    o Game Categories v12 / GCLight v1.3 / GCLite v1.2.

Links to v4.0.0:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3z3e2ld8mdl9i5s
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z77GE8HE

Screenshots:

Universal is offline -Hacks Newbie

Good job, is there any way to get the Function of your HBtool and implement it into a PRX?
    for Homebrew ID's

shivadow is offline Banned -Hacks Monk

5. KNOWN ISSUES:

(a) System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'xxxxx' because
    it is being used by another process.

These can (sometimes) appear for the following reasons:
    (i) Windows creates a file/folder lock, such as by opening a folder in
    explorer or a file in another app. This cannot be overridden but is now
    "handled", and a rollback option included. In later versions of Windows (such
    as Windows 7) it may even be necessary to shut down Explorer window(s) which
    are keeping a hold on a file opened earlier for some reason.
    (ii) Corrupt data can cause file locks following a failure when searching for
    embedded data. Again, this is Microsoft trying to micro-manage file access so
    nothing can easily be done to override. It is left to the user to ensure only
    proper files are being used...

I have this problem, dud from the start.

EDIT: Read pic1 option needs to be permanently disabled for the app to work correctly due to a bug in .net

PartQual, all I can say is "fuckin' awesome". The file rename works a treat and I'm shocked how fast it is with big databases of games (renamed 300+ games in an instant!, reload takes about 30 seconds on my SC 2.6GHz CPU but that doesn't need changing at all). The sort option is still forgetful but so fast it's easy to live with.

Apart from what I stated above I am yet to find any other big bugs. The multi selecting works peachy creamy and I have found no flaws there either. It has shown me which iso's could be corrupt too, no pic means bin the iso.

Well worth the wait and I honestly can't thankyou enough. You should be Knighted or made a Saint!. You have made this app an absolute essential for homebrew and iso handling and what it should have been in the first place.

Can Admin please advertise this app on the front page of the psp-hacks website?. Everyone needs it!.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by shivadow View Post
    PartQual, all I can say is "fuckin' awesome". The file rename works a treat and I'm shocked how fast it is with big databases of games (renamed 300+ games in an instant!, reload takes about 30 seconds on my SC 2.6GHz CPU but that doesn't need changing at all). The sort option is still forgetful but so fast it's easy to live with.

Apart from what I stated above I am yet to find any other big bugs. The multi selecting works peachy creamy and I have found no flaws there either. It has shown me which iso's could be corrupt too, no pic means bin the iso.

Well worth the wait and I honestly can't thankyou enough. You should be Knighted or made a Saint!. You have made this app an absolute essential for homebrew and iso handling and what it should have been in the first place.

Can Admin please advertise this app on the front page of the psp-hacks website?. Everyone needs it!.
    Blimey - thanks for the praise.
    And thank you too for taking the time to comment on the new functions.

EDIT: Read pic1 option needs to be permanently disabled for the app to work correctly due to a bug in .net
    I don't really get problems trying to load Pic1 data when testing - but it is not exactly unknown.
    This is why I put in the option to skip it {tools >> options >> uncheck "ShowPic1"} which can be persisted by also the option to "use an ini file".

PQ.

mU$!c inc. is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PartQual View Post
    Blimey - thanks for the praise.
    And thank you too for taking the time to comment on the new functions.

I don't really get problems trying to load Pic1 data when testing - but it is not exactly unknown.
    This is why I put in the option to skip it {tools >> options >> uncheck "ShowPic1"} which can be persisted by also the option to "use an ini file".

PQ.
    I am using Windows Vista Ultimate. I can't get your app to open my PSP Memory Stick at all. I plug my USB data cable in, then i double-click pspHBSortTool.exe GUI opens attempt to open the PSP Drive letter and i get the error message below:

See what i mean????? What is going on here??? Please help me fix this, i have tried running this app as administrator and giving it full access rights to folders and files. nothing works that i have tried

Quote Originally Posted by mU$!c inc. View Post
    I am using Windows Vista Ultimate. I can't get your app to open my PSP Memory Stick at all. I plug my USB data cable in, then i double-click pspHBSortTool.exe GUI opens attempt to open the PSP Drive letter and i get the error message below:

<image skipped>

See what i mean????? What is going on here??? Please help me fix this, i have tried running this app as administrator and giving it full access rights to folders and files. nothing works that i have tried
    First thing to double check is that you haven't got one of the files opened in another app - such as UMDgen or something. And make sure all Windows Explorer windows are closed - just in case (in Vista sometimes Explorer can lock a file when it shouldn't - probably something to do with caching).

If that doesn't work then it looks like Windows is unable to read one of your files - most common reason for this is that one of your files has a bad formatting (which can sometimes occur in older hb files). So...

Try disabling the pic1 option (Tools >> Options >> Uncheck "Read Pic1.png") then click "ReLoad" and see if that helps. (This would mean you have duff pic1 data in one of your HB items.)

Next option would be to remove all HB items from your memory stick (copy them to PC temporarily - maybe reformat MS once empty). Now try the app to check it works when not reading files. You would then copy/move them back in small groups to identify which file is causing the issue.

Hope that helps - most times I've been asked this in the past it has turned out to be a duff file.
    PQ.

shivadow is offline Banned -Hacks Monk

Yea disabling Pic1 fixed that issue for me, I still think this is a great app. I had that problem for ages. If you had read my previous post you'd have seen it.. I will make it more noticable..

Try 1. Read pic1 option permanently disabled DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. I don't have a duff file on my stick.

Try 2. I copied everything on my memory stick onto my pc and then formatted my memory stick, copied everything back onto the memory stick and i still can't use pspHBSortTool v4.0. It won't open anything

3. the entire time i am running this app as administrator. still no results.

4. Disable my firewall, then tried to open my psp Memory stick again, and same error lock crap. This has some major agro comin off it. WTF?!!! @ Bill Gates

5. In conclusion, this app does not work on Vista Ultimate on my computer. might work for you guys, but version 4.0 will not work on my computer. scanned for viruses and root kits and spyware my comp is always clean.

I don't know what to try next. All i know is i can't get v4.0 to work on my PC with Vista Ultimate...freakin Microsoft Shitdows. Should be like a big Shit stain on the Windows logo. I just might draw a logo like that, and publicly humiliate Microsoft for their unnecessary file locks.

This is not a bug in .net as such - it is down to badly formed HB items.
    However, as it will speed up MS loading (and only affects popup info) if I release any more updates I will try to remember to change the default setting.
    PQ.

Quote Originally Posted by mU$!c inc. View Post
    Try 2. I copied everything on my memory stick onto my pc and then formatted my memory stick, copied everything back onto the memory stick and i still can't use pspHBSortTool v4.0. It won't open anything
    Once you've removed everything from your MS - and before you put anything back on - does the app run?
    The app can handle scanning an empty drive - and this would show whether it's the drive/MS which is the issue or if one of the files is to blame.
    If the app will open with an empty drive then it's the files - so add the items back one at a time to find out the problem item(s).
    PQ.

EDIT:
    Also, at the lowest level this app accesses the same basic Windows routines as Explorer does.
    So if you can drag/drop a file to/from your MS using Explorer then there should be no need to play with admin access or firewalls.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PartQual View Post
    This is not a bug in .net as such - it is down to badly formed HB items.
    However, as it will speed up MS loading (and only affects popup info) if I release any more updates I will try to remember to change the default setting.
    PQ.

Once you've removed everything from your MS - and before you put anything back on - does the app run?
    The app can handle scanning an empty drive - and this would show whether it's the drive/MS which is the issue or if one of the files is to blame.
    If the app will open with an empty drive then it's the files - so add the items back one at a time to find out the problem item(s).
    PQ.

EDIT:
    Also, at the lowest level this app accesses the same basic Windows routines as Explorer does.
    So if you can drag/drop a file to/from your MS using Explorer then there should be no need to play with admin access or firewalls.
    @ PartQual, very astute observation Indeed there is a file in my CAT_Emulators folder that is giving your app probs. Your app is EPIC man, just this file is really annoying. Be nice if your app had a file unlocker add-on *HINT*HINT*

I will reply as soon as i find the file in question that has been tanning my hide.

Auto-Merge: @ PartQual, i found the culprit. It was the old KXPloit Atari 2600 & Atari 7800 1.5 emulators far as i could tell, i removed them and just like magic your app opens my Mem card now