Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: M33 Firmwares for noobs

murph123 is offline -Hacks Newbie

i created the folders and it is now coming up as corrupted data. i do not know what i am doing wrong. i know the iso works. Thanks for responding it helped and now i am just getting very frustrated because i can not get it to work. thanks again

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfey
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonchild
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfey
    "Now, if you have a Phat PSP with custom firmware already on it, you can easily make the 3.60 M33 installer for Slims. Better yet, you don't have to run out and spend money on extra stuff. However, if you are the unlucky few who don't have access to these tools, there's still hope."

Those were your quotes. I have a phat psp with the 3.71 firmware on it. How would I copy that onto my slim to make it have the 3.60 M33 firmware? Would I still have to have the memory stick, or will any one do? Note: The battery didn't come with the phat that has the 3.71 on it. I'm really a noob when it comes to all this. :blush: Everyone keeps saying read, but it all sounds so complicated and Greek to me. No offense to anyone.
    You need a PSP with any 2.xx or 3.xx custom firmware on it, or be on 1.50 and be able to play ISOs with Devhook.
    Okay, so with the one running 3.71 firmware will work? I also have one with 2.7 on it. Would I still have to do everything in your tutorial, or can I just copy the 3.71 firmware onto my psp slim? I'm sorry I'm confused.
    What I mean is 2.xx SE firmwares, the OE firmwares or the M33 firmwares. With the psp with 2.7, you can downgrade it to 1.50, and then upgrade it to 3.52 M33, and then you can make the stuff for the Slim. (3.71 PSP won't work.)

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by murph123
    i created the folders and it is now coming up as corrupted data. i do not know what i am doing wrong. i know the iso works. Thanks for responding it helped and now i am just getting very frustrated because i can not get it to work. thanks again
    All those ISOs go here. Make sure you're putting them there. The file. No folders, just the file.

ISO Folder on the root. If it's not there, create one.

Twitter

Added 3.80 PSARDUMPER section. Revised how to make Remote Play work on 3.71 M33. (Thanks to Ryu) Instructions are pretty much the same..

Twitter

fattyy is offline -Hacks Newbie

III.UMD Ripping [RM33C]

With all M33 firmwares, you can rip UMDs right from the XMB via USB. This is extremly simple. While on the XMB, bring up the vshMenu, and go down to UMD ISO Mode, press right until it says 'UMD Disc'. Exit. Now, pop in a disc. Anyone. Once it loads, go to USB Connection, and wait for the computer to recognize it. Once it does, the device name of the UMD, not the memory stick, will appear. You will see one Iso file called 'UMD9600' or 'UMD9660.iso'. Drag and drop (or copy and paste) the file to where you need to be. This process takes a long, long time since it's being read from the disc.
    Awesome guide! I will definitely be spending some time reading through this to understand all of the features.

Just had a question, for ripping to UMDs should the option 'USB Device' and not 'UMD ISO Mode' be changed at the vshMenu? I couldn't find 'UMD Disc' in the 'UMD ISO Mode'.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by fattyy
    III.UMD Ripping [RM33C]

With all M33 firmwares, you can rip UMDs right from the XMB via USB. This is extremly simple. While on the XMB, bring up the vshMenu, and go down to UMD ISO Mode, press right until it says 'UMD Disc'. Exit. Now, pop in a disc. Anyone. Once it loads, go to USB Connection, and wait for the computer to recognize it. Once it does, the device name of the UMD, not the memory stick, will appear. You will see one Iso file called 'UMD9600' or 'UMD9660.iso'. Drag and drop (or copy and paste) the file to where you need to be. This process takes a long, long time since it's being read from the disc.
    Awesome guide! I will definitely be spending some time reading through this to understand all of the features.

Just had a question, for ripping to UMDs should the option 'USB Device' and not 'UMD ISO Mode' be changed at the vshMenu? I couldn't find 'UMD Disc' in the 'UMD ISO Mode'.

Thanks again for all the hard work.
    Yeah. You're right. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Twitter

reggieman is offline -Hacks Newbie

sorry

fattyy is offline -Hacks Newbie

One more question that I had about 3.71 M33 in general. I'm on 3.71 M33-4 and I'm noticing under the game menu on the XMB I am getting the option to update to f/w 3.51 (PSP Update ver 3.51). I don't remember it being there when I installed to 3.71 M33-4, maybe it came up when connecting to my PS3 and registering the PSP for Remote Play? Does anyone know why this option is coming up in the Game menu? Clicking it says there is no need to update since I'm on version "3.71" but I'm curious why the option would even show up.

Edit: Nevermind, this was just an option from the UMD in the PSP drive. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by fattyy
    One more question that I had about 3.71 M33 in general. I'm on 3.71 M33-4 and I'm noticing under the game menu on the XMB I am getting the option to update to f/w 3.51 (PSP Update ver 3.51). I don't remember it being there when I installed to 3.71 M33-4, maybe it came up when connecting to my PS3 and registering the PSP for Remote Play? Does anyone know why this option is coming up in the Game menu? Clicking it says there is no need to update since I'm on version "3.71" but I'm curious why the option would even show up.
    Its the UMD Update for the game. Just ignore it, it's nothing.. Speaking of Remote Play, you might want to flash the remote play files from 3.80 EBOOT to your flash0, so you don't accidentally update by mistake..
    Download 3.80 UPDATE EBOOT
    Download 3.80 PSARDUMPER
    Open USB Connection and put 3.80 eboot (rename it to EBOOT.PBP) in root of mem stick
    Put PSARDUMPER in Game (3.71 kernal)
    Run Psardumper
    Press Square
    After it's done dumping, open USB Connection and copy premo_plugin.prx (f0\vsh\module) and premo_plugin.rco (f0\vsh\resource) and paste them somewhere for safe keeping
    You can delete the folder now.
    Open recovery menu on PSP (right bumper and turn on with PSP still connected to PC)
    Go to advanced
    Select Toggle USB (flash0)
    A new window should pop up on your PC
    Make sure you have hidden files and system files viewable
    Replace premo_plugin.prx (vsh\module) and premo_plugin.rco (vsh\resource) with the ones you copied
    Select Toggle USB (flash0) to disable
    Restart PSP
    that should let the psp use 3.80 remote play on 3.71.

Twitter

undrunk is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by undrunk
    I'm sorry to fill this post with dumb questions, but after using the M33 Installation Noob Proof for installing from se_oe_m33.exe to try and get to 3.52, the update eboot shows up in the game150 folder. This does not show up when I try and access it from inside the psp. If I move the M33UPDATE_352 folder to the "game" folder, it then shows up... but then it does not run, as in, "this game cannot be played". :(
    Any suggestions on why this isn't working for me? I have a sony official firmware 3.30 right now.

Thanks in advance.
    Is this post in the wrong place? are my words invisible?

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast