The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!




 
Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?




Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

 


Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Sega CD BIOS files...

  
  1. #1
    dr_eggman_nega is offline -Hacks Smarty
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Soleanna
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Sega CD BIOS files...

    I have the PicoDrive (a Sega Genesis emulator for the PSP) emulator, but I need to know where to place the BIOS files for Sega CD... cause I have put them everywhere I think they're supposed to be, but still the emulator cannot find them...



    Im asking cause I am trying to run the Japanese version of Sonic CD...
    Last edited by dr_eggman_nega; 03-12-2009 at 04:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Rob S.'s Avatar
    Rob S. is offline Super Moderator -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    41° 11' 3" N / 73° 8' 1" W
    Posts
    10,003,745
    Rep Power
    60515

    Default

    From Picodrive's readme.txt file:

    How to run Sega/Mega CD games
    -----------------------------

    To play any game, you need BIOS files. These files must be copied to the same directory as mentioned PicoDrive files. Files can be named as follows:

    US: us_scd1_9210.bin us_scd2_9306.bin SegaCDBIOS9303.bin
    EU: eu_mcd1_9210.bin eu_mcd2_9303.bin eu_mcd2_9306.bin
    JP: jp_mcd1_9112.bin jp_mcd1_9111.bin
    these files can also be zipped.



    Put the BIOS files in the root of the Picodrive folder

  3. #3
    Ryu's Avatar
    Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dologany
    Posts
    20,174
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Root of the PicoDrive folder
    ie
    ms0:/PSP/GAME/PicoDrive

    NAME THE RIGHT
    read the README (ALL OF IT)

    PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

    2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

    3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

  4. #4
    dr_eggman_nega is offline -Hacks Smarty
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Soleanna
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
    From Picodrive's readme.txt file:

    How to run Sega/Mega CD games
    -----------------------------

    To play any game, you need BIOS files. These files must be copied to the same directory as mentioned PicoDrive files. Files can be named as follows:

    US: us_scd1_9210.bin us_scd2_9306.bin SegaCDBIOS9303.bin
    EU: eu_mcd1_9210.bin eu_mcd2_9303.bin eu_mcd2_9306.bin
    JP: jp_mcd1_9112.bin jp_mcd1_9111.bin
    these files can also be zipped.



    Put the BIOS files in the root of the Picodrive folder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Root of the PicoDrive folder
    ie
    ms0:/PSP/GAME/PicoDrive

    NAME THE RIGHT
    read the README (ALL OF IT)
    That's exactly what I did. That's where I have them located, but yet the emulator STILL doesnt "see" them!

  5. #5
    Ryu's Avatar
    Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dologany
    Posts
    20,174
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    are the the RIGHT files?
    run the app
    Pick Change Options
    pick [Sega/Mega CD options]

    PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

    2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

    3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

  6. #6
    dr_eggman_nega is offline -Hacks Smarty
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Soleanna
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    are the the RIGHT files?
    run the app
    Pick Change Options
    pick [Sega/Mega CD options]
    All 3 of the BIOS (USA, EUR, and JAP) are still reading: NOT FOUND


    EDIT: I downloaded a Japanese BIOS file from somewhere else and it recognized the BIOS. Now I want to try to fix it so I have all the music (Sonic CD Japanese)
    Last edited by dr_eggman_nega; 03-12-2009 at 05:00 PM.

  7. #7
    igotapencil's Avatar
    igotapencil is offline -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gettin' Money
    Posts
    3,707
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dr_eggman_nega View Post
    All 3 of the BIOS (USA, EUR, and JAP) are still reading: NOT FOUND


    EDIT: I downloaded a Japanese BIOS file from somewhere else and it recognized the BIOS. Now I want to try to fix it so I have all the music (Sonic CD Japanese)
    get another copy of the BIOS from somewhere else.
    PSP Firmware 5.00M33-6 Get Money™

    Chopper City, all day.

  8. #8
    SaiyajinzoningenZ is offline -Hacks Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Cue Files

    total idiot here. i got the bios loaded however i cant figure out how to load the cue file for the music. a link to a tutorial on this would be extremely helpful. Sorry for my obvious stupidity.


    when i try to load the cue it says not a rom selected.
    Last edited by SaiyajinzoningenZ; 04-15-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: dont wanna overpost

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •