Thread: Cant Play Any Games

megazero93 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Cant Play Any Games

I think its a problem with the UMD drive but i am not sure.

Whenever i start a game or app, the psp gameboot screen comes up and then freezes

If I have a UMD inside the UMD drive, the xmb menu refuses to show up unless if i reboot the psp w/o the UMD

I have tried downgrading, idstorage and deleting flash 1 but nothing seems to work

any ideas?

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

Press select in the XMB, and change UMD ISO Mode to SONY NP9660.

its doesnt give an error, it just freezes
    and yes i do have the umd mode set to sony

Xitherun is offline sleepy -Hacks Titan

if the XMB doesn't show up with a UMD in the drive, then your UMD drive is most likely screwed.

hmm yea thats what i was thinking

but what would have caused it? im sure that i havent dropped it

my psp just froze in mid game and when i rebooted it and started the game again, this problem happened

over_clox is offline -Hacks Member

You should check out my thread on unusual flash0 issues.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f127...sh0-1-t236557/

This sounds EXACTLY like some of the odd issues that led me to try the technique described there. These problems started coming up after doing numerous changes to my flash0 theme and other files, and some of the other odd effects I noticed that I didn't mention there were things like games and the internet browser doing exactly the same thing you described (minus the UMD in/no XMB problem) unpredictably from one change to the next, starting to load and then freezing (in my case, usually without playing the perfectly good gameboot.pmf I had and managed to get fully working later). Obviously, it wasn't because of the UMD because these were games on the memory stick (and even the internet browser straight from flash0) that had been working fine until I started changing flash0 files around. I'm almost certain that this will fix your problems if you're capable of doing this with your PSP, and I'd like to know how it works for you if you do it.

Of course, this is assuming it doesn't have something to do with your ISO/CSO drivers and config instead, but from what you're describing, I don't think it does. It could possibly be a faulty UMD, but if you're using it, I hope that's not the case. Disable UMD autorun and try rebooting the PSP with a UMD in the drive and see if it will bring up the XMB then. Does it read the UMD if you put it in after booting to the XMB?

It could also be your plugins, so you might want to delete ms0:/seplugins/conf.bin and reboot the PSP to check. Don't worry, this just disables all the plugins at once for testing and it will regenerate itself when you re-enable them later in recovery.
    Last edited by over_clox; 03-30-2009 at 04:04 AM.

i dont think its the plugins since this really isnt my psp, ive been using it the plugin for years on mine w/o any problems

i was just borrowing it for like a day or so cause mine ran out of batteries (mine is a fat and i borrowed a slim)

so yea ill try this out and ill get bak to u soon XD

well ok so i tried out the dump thing but since i was unable to get the flash0 dump of the broken psp, i used the dump of another psp and put it on the broken psp
    but... it didnt seem to do anything
    would it make a difference? if i used another psp's flash?
    if it does then is there anyway to get the dump of a psp where i can only use the usb

DUDE I LOVE U
    lol anyways turns out i forgot to change the umd iso mode after reflashing it after i put the flash0 dump onto the psp and when i changed it IT WORKED HAHA SUCCESS
    lol ok thx man

hnn ok nvm im bak to not playing games
    for some reason this method was in a way a temporary fix
    sometimes the game would load and other times it would freeze at the game boot... most of the time it freezes
    Last edited by megazero93; 04-01-2009 at 03:06 AM.