The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSP 3001- Need "How to hack Guide"

LoMayoKicksA is offline -Hacks Smarty

Default PSP 3001- Need "How to hack Guide"

Everything in my psp 3001 is original. It comes with 1GB memory. It says PSP update Version 2.82, System Software 4.21.

Is 4.21 or 2.82 the firmware of my psp?

On this thread: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133...hread-t227349/ I can see this:

PSP 3000
    Firmware: 5.03 and below
    -- ChickHEN
    -- CFW Enabler
    Does this tells me that I have to install both chicken and CFW Enabler to hack my psp or I have to select either one only?

On this thread: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f118...t-now-t238358/ It says that "YOU CANT PLAY ISO/CSO WITH ChickHEN , yet
    YOU CANT INSTALL CFW WITH ChickHEN, on 2000(TA-088v3)or 3000"

Now I am very confuse because the second thread is telling me that Chicken and CFW Enabler can not be installed together.

But one of the members Lourde Incarnadine got this at the bottom of his replies "Currently running: PSP3001 with 5.03 M33-6 via m0skit0's ChickHEN Mod + CFWEnabler v3.30.

I never have tried hacking psp and this whole thing is confusing me a lot. Can somebody tell me exactly what to do first, 2nd, 3rd up to the last... And if there is something that needs to be downloaded, please give me the link.

I just want to make sure that I don't brick my PSP hehehe.

Thanks...

Ryu
    Ryu is offline Super Mod of the Brood -Hacks Titan

you need to have ofw 5.03
    and ChickHEN is NEEDED to RUN the hombrew CFW Enabler

you need them both

PSP 1.5 got on USA first day is was 1.5 NOW 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-6(1.50 addon),
    Old PS3s: PS3 60GB FW:3.41(2nd ps3 YLoD, 1st, YLoD)
    New PS3:
    Slim 160gb 01-21-2011 Working
    was 3.40 OFW->3.60 OFW

2nd PSP : PHAT 5.50 GEN-D2
    3rd PSP : Sliver 3000 Starting OFW:4.20 (NEW bought NEW on 11/28/2010)
    It a good idea to have "Hide extensions for known file types" in Folder Options(under Tool) unchecked (turn on extensions)

3DS FC:0301-9790-8019

iamafreak is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LoMayoKicksA View Post
    Everything in my psp 3001 is original. It comes with 1GB memory. It says PSP update Version 2.82, System Software 4.21.

Is 4.21 or 2.82 the firmware of my psp?

On this thread: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133...hread-t227349/ I can see this:

PSP 3000
    Firmware: 5.03 and below
    -- ChickHEN
    -- CFW Enabler
    Does this tells me that I have to install both chicken and CFW Enabler to hack my psp or I have to select either one only?

On this thread: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f118...t-now-t238358/ It says that "YOU CANT PLAY ISO/CSO WITH ChickHEN , yet
    YOU CANT INSTALL CFW WITH ChickHEN, on 2000(TA-088v3)or 3000"

Now I am very confuse because the second thread is telling me that Chicken and CFW Enabler can not be installed together.

But one of the members Lourde Incarnadine got this at the bottom of his replies "Currently running: PSP3001 with 5.03 M33-6 via m0skit0's ChickHEN Mod + CFWEnabler v3.30.

I never have tried hacking psp and this whole thing is confusing me a lot. Can somebody tell me exactly what to do first, 2nd, 3rd up to the last... And if there is something that needs to be downloaded, please give me the link.

I just want to make sure that I don't brick my PSP hehehe.

Thanks...
    1. First you will have to update to 5.03 official firmware. Download it from the below link:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1645

2. Once you have update you system software version to 5.03, then you will need ChicKHEN R2. This will enable your psp to play homebrew games and some homebrew applications. This will also enable you to install Custom Firmware Enabler (CFWE). CFWE will allow you to play iso's and cso's from your memory stick.
    First things first, download ChicKHEN R2 from the below link:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1720

3. Connect your PSP to your pc via usb and copy the ChickHEN folder which is present in the SLIM folder to your PSP/PHOTOS directory

4. Copy the h.bin file to the root of your memory stick

5. Now go to your psp xmb (main screen), go to PHOTOS, memory stick and open the ChickHEN folder and wait for the ChickHEN to load...IF loaded successfully, something weird happens to your screen and your psp will restart automatically. ChickHEN may not always load in the first attempt.. Keep trying it a few times till it loads...
    To check if CHickHEN has loaded successfully, go to system information and check the version of your psp... if its say something like 5.00 ChickHEN R2, that means CHickHEN is loaded successfully.

6. Now download Custom Firmware Enabler v3.30 from here:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1734

7. Copy the CFWEnabler folder and paste it to PSP/GAME folder in your PSP memory stick.

8. Disconnect your psp and go to Games, memory stick and open CFW Enabler 3.20

9. I think there is an option called Flash cfw on psp or something like that...Click yes a couple of times and you are done....

Important points to remember :
    - ChickHEN R2 will work only on OFW 5.03
    - CFWEnabler can be installed only if you have ChickHEN R2 enabled psp
    - ChickHEN R2 and CFWEnabler are installed in the RAM (temporary memory) of your psp, so if you shut down your psp completely, your psp will be restored to OFW 5.03. You can, however run ChickHEN R2 and CFWEnabler again. To avoid installing them again you may put your psp to sleep mode.

Lourde Incarnadine is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

I don't normally write tutorials, so this probably isn't as clear and concise as it could be.

:EDIT: Looks like I took too long to type... <_<

Ok. First off, if you haven't formatted your memory stick yet, I'd suggest that you do so. There's an option under the System Settings option in your XMB. I'm sure you already know, but the XMB is the Cross Media Bar, the main menu of the PSP.

Once it's formatted, you need three pieces of software on it. First, download and install >Sony's official 5.03 firmware<. None of this will run with anything lower, and anything higher (currently 5.50 and 5.51) will render your PSP unhackable through currently-available means.

Once that's installed, delete the update. You don't need it anymore.

From that point on, you need ChickHEN and CFWEnabler--these are going to be semi-permanent additions to your stick, that you'll only replace with newer versions of the same.

For ChickHEN, I prefer the version from my sig; it always runs the first or second time for me, and I find it to be more reliable than ChickHEN R2. It HAS to be either R2 or this mod, though, R1 won't do it. Either ChickHEN will be installed the same: download it and place the "h.bin" file in your root directory. That's the first and highest level of your PSP, where you'll see folders like "MP_ROOT", "PSP", "PICTURE". It's often called ms0:\.

Now take the ChickHEN folder that contains the five pictures and put it in your PICTURE folder. You should have a path that looks something like this: ms0:\PICTURE\ChickHEN\<the five picture files>. If you're going with ChickHEN R2, you'll want the picture folder called "slim" for your 3000. The name of the picture folder isn't important, you just want all five in the same folder and nothing else in there.

Now you've got ChickHEN, the homebrew enabler. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but it uses a special *.TIFF picture to confuse your PSP enough to make it start running h.bin, which bypasses security features enough to allow homebrew to run. You can run emulators and stuff, just don't run anything that writes to the flash memory of your PSP, like other CFW that wasn't made to go with ChickHEN, and for the love of God be careful with custom themes! It doesn't work on 5.50 or 5.51 because Sony found out about the TIFF exploit that allows them to work and sewed it up in those versions; every official firmware from now on is virtually guaranteed to have this fix.

Your next goal is >CFWEnabler v3.30<. Download it to ms0:\PSP\GAME\.

Now you're ready.

Turn on your PSP. Roll left to the Photo option and access your memory stick; there should be a little box for every folder in your PICTURE folder that shows a teeny-tiny thumbnail (a pinky-nail?) of the first picture in the folder. You'll want the ChickHEN folder. Now's the tricky, luck-based part. The system will load thumbnails of the five pictures, but when it tries to load a thumbnail of the *.TIIF, it'll do one of two things: It might freeze up for a few seconds, then shut off. This just means it didn't work; it can be tempermental, just turn your PSP back on and try again. The other thing it might do is throw up a weird-looking screen (usually all one color with an abstract, plaid-like blurb of lines for me) and reboot. This is good, it means it worked. When your PSP is finished, you can prove to yourself that it worked by going to the System Settings tab and checking out System Information; it'll list your software version as "5.03 ChickHEN."

NOW CFWEv3.30 can run. So run it. The first time, it should bring up an option to install it, which you should do. It DOES write to the flash 0 (normally something you should avoid with 3000s), but I think in this case it's ok because it's adding something without touching the Sony firmware files. Every time you run this in ChickHEN afterwards, it'll skip the installation menu and just load up 5.03 M33-6 CFW directly unless you hold down R when you hit the CFWE icon; this is a safety feature so you don't try to install it when it's already installed.

You're good to go, now. Your PSP-3000 can do all or nearly all that any other hacked PSP can do. The firmware isn't permanent, though, it's loaded into the system's operating memory instead of the flash 0 spot where firmware usually lives. What does this mean to you? It means that if your PSP loses power completely, gets shut down completely by holding the power switch for five seconds, or crashes, it'll reboot in Sony's 5.03 official firmware. You'll have to do the ChickHEN thing again (which is WHY I like one that works reliably) and activate CFWE again. If you just put the PSP into sleep mode, which is what happens if you just flip the power switch instead of holding it, the CFW will stay on it and be there when you power back up.

Oh, and if you're running the CFW and hit the CFWEv3.30 icon again, it'll take you to a setting menu for CFWE; this'll let you do almost anything that you can do from the Recovery menu of normal, flashed firmware on PSPs that don't have the same motherboard that the 3000 has. Some of the more commonly-used options from here are also accessible by hitting Select at the XMB while the CFW is up. Do yourself a favor and try it now, then scroll down to the "UMD ISO MODE" option and press left/right until it says "Sony NP9660." This'll let you run ISOs without having to keep a UMD in the drive, and it's an easy thing to miss if you're new at this.

The most important thing to remember is that you don't want to **** with the flash 0 any more than you absolutely have to! If that gets corrupted, the only way to unbrick a PSP3000 ATM is to send it back to Sony. They'll fix it, but send it back with the latest, greatest, most unhackablest of their official firmware. You can still USE it, of course, but... I dunno, PSPs just feel so limited when they're not hacked, don't they?
    Last edited by Lourde Incarnadine; 06-18-2009 at 10:03 PM.
    Currently running: PSP1001 with 5.50 GEN-B2 + Mystic Silver PSP3001 with 6.20 PRO B-9 (perma-patched).
    Rooted HTC Droid Incredible 2, CyanogenMod 7 v7.1.0-beta1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lourde Incarnadine View Post
    They'll fix it, but send it back with the latest, greatest, most unhackablest of their official firmware.
    LOL

1. First you will have to update to 5.03 official firmware. Download it from the below link:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1645
    I have downloaded 5.03 to my PC. How do I exactly install this to my PSP?

If I hit PSP update on my PSP what I get is "System version 4.21 No need to Update"

Pardon me guys but I really don't know anything about this...

Please help...

Fd! is offline Banned -Hacks Titan

I followed this link, downloaded and followed instructions which is kind of confusing for me. Here is the result:

If I open my PSP, select Game then Memory stick then hit X, I can see this "INSTALLER-LOADER". If I hit X again, it looks like it is going into a reboot, a back screen then it will say "The game could not be started". I think it is looking for some games which I have not downloaded yet. Am I on the right track?

If I am on the right track, can somebody give me link to the games that this thing can play? After I downloaded the games, does it need to be installed or just copy and paste it? On what folder/directory should I paste it to?

Quote Originally Posted by LoMayoKicksA View Post
    I followed this link, downloaded and followed instructions which is kind of confusing for me. Here is the result:

If I open my PSP, select Game then Memory stick then hit X, I can see this "INSTALLER-LOADER". If I hit X again, it looks like it is going into a reboot, a back screen then it will say "The game could not be started". I think it is looking for some games which I have not downloaded yet. Am I on the right track?

If I am on the right track, can somebody give me link to the games that this thing can play? After I downloaded the games, does it need to be installed or just copy and paste it? On what folder/directory should I paste it to?
    Did you update to OFW 5.03?
    To update download the file from the link i provided earlier..Extract the rar file. Once extracted you will get a file called EBOOT
    connect PSP to computer
    - go into /PSP/GAME and make a new Folder called UPDATE
    - then put the EBOOT into this Folder
    - turn on your PSP and go to PSP, Game and Memory stick, then just click X and follow the instroductions!

Did you run ChickHEN R2?

Did you update to OFW 5.03?
    To update download the file from the link i provided earlier..Extract the rar file. Once extracted you will get a file called EBOOT
    connect PSP to computer
    - go into /PSP/GAME and make a new Folder called UPDATE
    - then put the EBOOT into this Folder
    This is just exactly what I needed. Thanks for this.

After the update, I run chicken R2. Under system information, It now says 5.03 chicken r2.

Is there anything else that needs to be installed before I can play games?

How about this iso games, should I just paste it under the folder "GAMES" and then start playing?

EDIT: I followed this link, downloaded and followed instructions and run it. Here is the result:

If I open my PSP, select Game then Memory stick then hit X, I can see this "INSTALLER-LOADER". Hit X again and followed instructions.

Under system information, it now says 5.03 GEN-A (FULL).

My question is: What is the difference between 5.03 GEN-A (FULL) and 5.03 chicken R2? Which one is better and which one should I use?
    Last edited by LoMayoKicksA; 06-17-2009 at 07:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast