The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Converting disc image files...

rayman121985 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default Converting disc image files...

Hey all,

Download loads of games for my PSP and they are in a disc image file format...anything out there that will allow me to convert them to something that will work?

THANKS!

::rayman::

chAosDaJuggalo is offline -Hacks Ninja

well, if they are psp games (umd rips) you want them in disk image format (iso, or cso)

And if you dont have a custom firmware on your psp, you cant play em

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

ISO's which are disc images work on the PSP IF you have CFW.

If you are on CFW:
    On the root of your memory stick, create a folder called ISO (in caps). Put all your ISO games there.

UnŽestŽiŠted™

rayman121985 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I already have an ISO file...the only one that shows up in this list is the lemmings...the other games you see I think need to be converted to be played right? Because they are not showing up!

THANKS!

Cheesetheif is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

1. What is your firmware?
    2. All of those should show up as long as you have a legit memory stick.

To check if your MS is legit, turn your PSP on, and go to any Memory Stick icon (under game, video or photo, doesn't matter). Press triangle, then select information. Now look for Magic Gate. If it says supported, then you have a legit stick. If it says unsupported or unknown, you have a fake.

UnŽestŽiŠted™

chAosDaJuggalo is offline -Hacks Ninja

hmm, what extension do those files bare? i don't see why the psp wont recognize them, if they're ISO files, there's no chance its a zip, or .rar is there?

tom cat is offline -Hacks Newbie

the extension is .disc, it's some wierd format. i've come across it too i tried onverting it
    into an iso but i dont think it worked, but then again i was using a psx game, it could be different for umd rips. but i tried using magic iso andi dont remember if it worked but
    you should give that a try

razavi is offline -Hacks Smarty

@ chAosDaJuggalo : you can see that all those files are in ISO/CSO cause the Type of file is written IMAGE

@ rayman121985: my friend i think you are able to play some of your games right? if it is right try to reduce some words from your name of the games. usually there is word limit which is 15 alphabet i think and see if you can run them. by the way if your PSP running CFW i think it's better to check your VSH menu by pressing the SELECT button and check your UMD ISO MODE and see if it is selected on M33 or SONY NP9660 if something else is selected you may not able to run the games too.
    keep us update
    Last edited by razavi; 11-12-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Demonchild is offline #thatguy -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by razavi View Post
    @ chAosDaJuggalo : you can see that all those file are ISO/CSO cause the Type of file is written IMAGE
    But then again, it could be recognized as an .iso file but be set to open up in another program.

Quote Originally Posted by razavi View Post
    @ rayman121985: my friend i think you are able to play some of your games right? if it is right try to reduce some words from your name of the games. usually there is word limit which is 15 alphabet i think and see if you run them by the way if your PSP running CFW i think it's better check you VSH menu by pressing the SELECT button and check your UMD ISO MODE and see if it is selected on M33 or SONY NP9660 if something else selected you may not able to run the games too.
    keep us update
    Point ^

Guide for M33 firmwares | Install DCv8 |PS3 Hacking Thread

PSP: 6.60 PRO-B10 | PS3: 4.30 | Xbox: LT+ v3.0 [Li-On] | G2x: CM 7.2 Nightly
    Twitter

razavi is offline -Hacks Smarty

@ rayman121985: Demonchild is correct try to do following steps and see if your files in memestick are ISO or not
    go to MY COMPUTER--->TOOLS--->Folder Options--->choose VIEW from the tab----> there is one option which is called HIDE EXTENSION FOR KNOWN FILE TYPES if the box is checkmarked remove that and then try to go to your memstick in ISO folder and see if there is extension beside your file name usually like ****.ISO or ****.CSO

keep us update

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast