The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Thread: RemoteJoy and 5.50 Prome-4

SnowFox102 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default RemoteJoy and 5.50 Prome-4

I want to use RemoteJoy, and I have gotten it to work for the XMB, but when I try to run Phantasy Star Portable 2 it either hangs (UMD) or turns off the PSP (ISO). The system is a 1001 (phat) running CFW 5.50 Prome-4, it had that installed when I got it. PSP2 has a firmware requirement of 6.20. Does anyone know if RemoteJoy can work with this game on this firmware, and if so what do I need to do? If not, is there an Idiot's Guide to Changing Firmware you can point me to? RemoteJoy is the main thing I want to use.

Other info: There are no other plugins installed, so that's not the problem. Windows keeps "forgetting" that the driver is installed and randomly switches between asking for it again and saying that the PSP is an unrecognized USB device. It also claims it's not plugged into a high-speed USB port, even though it is.

EDIT: I "fixed" it though it was me that was the problem. The trick is that you have to start RemoteJoy first, then plug in/turn on the PSP. If it's already plugged in it errors. That also affects whether the game will run or not, somehow. I'm not really sure what I did to make the game work, but it does now. I also got the Infinity demo to run by using an ISO version instead of the normal eboot. I wanted to post that info in case others have the same problem, but I didn't want to bump the thread.

I still don't know how to change the firmware to OFW, trying to run the updater from a game says that the firmware is already at some non-existent version, but it's not particularly important now.
    Last edited by SnowFox102; 01-19-2011 at 06:12 PM.

shadow-evillink is offline -Hacks Newbie

Cool

what exactly did you use, ive been tring to get this to run and having a big issue. what did you dl because i went to get remotejoylite 2.0a and it doesnt come with no files for the psp just the exe for pc? any help would be appreciated

shadow-evillink is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shadow-evillink View Post
    what exactly did you use, ive been tring to get this to run and having a big issue. what did you dl because i went to get remotejoylite 2.0a and it doesnt come with no files for the psp just the exe for pc? any help would be appreciated
    Edit: i read this tutorial and got it to work. but only the xmb not ingame. i did what you did and ran the program first, then plugged in the psp and i got the xmb. when i got in game it says 'disp off' i tried unplugging the usb and back but no go. main question is " how to get it to work ingame?"