The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Thread: Games Not Working On Prometheus ISO Loader

30SecondsToMars is offline -Hacks Newbie

Question Games Not Working On Prometheus ISO Loader

Hai, im getting the grips of psp hacking and things, and ive done som research, and i know all about psp hacking history and et cetera. I'm using a PSP 3000 08g module, on 6.35 (PRO hen), and i love it, however, im having some troubles with my Prometheus ISO Loader, lots of games work, as i have tested them, but some of the games i really wanna play just wont work for some reason, I'll go on Prometheus ISO Loader, load the game, then the screen would stay blank for about 20 seconds then the psp would shut down, help? I know these games are compatible, because there are people on youtube and other places that have showed that it works. The games i am trying to play are Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep 'Final Mix' and Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday. Can anyone help me to load these games, or if not, link me to isos that you have tested on Prometheus ISO Loader yourself and can comfirm that they work? Thanks in advance.

shakan09 is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by 30SecondsToMars View Post
    Hai, im getting the grips of psp hacking and things, and ive done som research, and i know all about psp hacking history and et cetera. I'm using a PSP 3000 08g module, on 6.35 (PRO hen), and i love it, however, im having some troubles with my Prometheus ISO Loader, lots of games work, as i have tested them, but some of the games i really wanna play just wont work for some reason, I'll go on Prometheus ISO Loader, load the game, then the screen would stay blank for about 20 seconds then the psp would shut down, help? I know these games are compatible, because there are people on youtube and other places that have showed that it works. The games i am trying to play are Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep 'Final Mix' and Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday. Can anyone help me to load these games, or if not, link me to isos that you have tested on Prometheus ISO Loader yourself and can comfirm that they work? Thanks in advance.
    linking to ISOs is forbidden not everything works with Prometheus loader try getting them from different sources

dothackjhe is offline -Hacks Ninja

Talking

Why not try an untouched ISOs of those games? The patches inside the ISO are probably conflicting with the ISO Loader itself. .

Also, you might want to change at ISO Mode of your PSP at the vsh menu to either No UMD M33 or NP9660. .

Fireaspect is offline -Hacks Newbie

I know exactally how you feel I hacked my psp to get access to awsome homebrew and play some ISO's.. Saddly, 3 of the major ISO's I wanted to play are not compatiable with Prometheus. It suxs, so if you find another way of playing these "black-listed" ISO's please let us know.

BTW for the 3 that don't work for me I've tried 3 differnt downloads of the games and have switched the ISO reader to M33. When switched to M33 nothing happens... literally system just stays on a empty black screen. I've sat the psp down and walked away for 20mins. just to make sure that it just wasn't loading VERY SLOWLY.

So again, if you find a method to get these to work please post in this thread. And thanks ALOT ahead of time if you do find a method.

yothp2p is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have the same PSP as yours (PSP 3001 08g module, on 6.35PRO)
    I can confirm that KH : BBS works perfectly in prometheus ISO loader.
    You need to have the "clean" (unpatched) ISO.

Fireaspect is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by yothp2p View Post
    I have the same PSP as yours (PSP 3001 08g module, on 6.35PRO)
    I can confirm that KH : BBS works perfectly in prometheus ISO loader.
    You need to have the "clean" (unpatched) ISO.

I can confirm the KH: BBS works fine for Prometheus.

But he is asking for KH: BBS "FINAL MIX" if I'm not mistaken this was just realeased not that long ago, so I'm not sure if there is a unpatched version out yet. But, then again I'm only using 2 sites to download from. So it maybe out there and I just have not came across it yet.

30SecondsToMars is offline -Hacks Newbie

Talking

Thanks, I figured it out now. (for those who want to play games on prometheus iso loader, you might wanna listen to this)
    First, you need to get the UNTOUCHED iso for the game, download it, and put it in the ISO folder of your psp.
    Secondly, download iso tool v1.960, put it in the GAME folder of your psp, and then run it.
    Now, on the iso tool, you should be able to find your iso (or cso) select it with X, then select 'Patch Prometheus', then select '09BETA1' and select yes, it will then patch the game, and you can play it using Prometheus iso loader. (No, this tutorial wasn't copied, i was just randomly messing about trying to get it to work) I have only tested this on Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday, because i have been too busy having fun to try other games! (by the way, if you wanna patch Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, i know it says "KHBBS" on the patch menu, but dont use it, it doesnt work)

Also, should I post this as a tutorial, or shouldnt i bother? Because i know many people are having trouble with it.