The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Thread: Downgrading from 5.50 Prome-4 to 5.00 M33-6

turpsicon is offline -Hacks Newbie

Unhappy Downgrading from 5.50 Prome-4 to 5.00 M33-6

Hi Guys,

I've got a PSP 1003 and i've recently upgraded (by luck) to 5.50 Prometheus from 5.50 Gen-D3. I wish to downgrade to 5.00 M33-6 because I'm trying to play Resident Evil 2. A buddy of mine has it working on that firmware version and regardless of using different pops-loaders (from 3.70 ? to 3.00) the screen goes black when I get to the Raccoon Police department (at the very beginning). I heard that it is a conversion problem and needs to be changed to another version and that has been done already, as my buddy gets further than I do after I just enter the doors.

Anyway, now I have Hellcat's Recovery Flasher V1.60 and i'm trying to do a downgrade, but I keep on getting errors.
    I've downloaded 5.00 M33-6 and changed the .PBP file to 500.PBP as the readme states, and copied it in the RECOVERY folder as well as the root and i still get errors.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I'm not 100% psp hack savvy so please be patient with me.

turpsicon is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ok, I think I got it working by going through the help thread. Sorry. How do I delete this thread?