Thread: start and home buttons problem

thekristian4o is offline -Hacks Newbie

Default start and home buttons problem

Hi guys,10x for the help in advance.I have a 2000 slim PSP with 5.50 Prome-4 CFW.My problem is that when I enter Fifa 11 for example and start to play a match my start button pushes/triggers itself every 2 second or so,so I cant play the game because its pausing constantly.I have searched for solutions on the net and I`ve found these:put on hold then put to normal again (It worked - the home and start button problem was gone...but only for one night..) or either buy a new flex/home bar (the bottom row of buttons) . So after i tried the thing with the `put on hold` and it worked only for a while I tried to clean the inside of the buttons (by taking the faceplate off) for the 5th time,and still no result.Then I got the start button out because it was already detached from all the rest,but still nothing.Then I decided to get the whole home bar off and again > no result.Those are the reasons why I dont think it is a hardware problem causing this but maybe a software.But still I cant say for sure because underneath the bottom row platform there might be something burned or weared out or maybe even smthin dirty I think.But I`m scared to get it out and see it because I dont know how.Any suggestions how to proceed please ? And just to add - I`ve already tried format flash 1.And also to tell you - when I try to get out of a game by using the home button it stays still on `No`and doesnt even flash no matter how much u try to move it to `Yes` .But when i put it on hold then return it,I can move it and get out of the game.I think that the start button could also be affecting the home button.

shivadow is offline Banned -Hacks Monk

Does it happen all the time or only in FIFA11?.

actually in Fifa street football it doesnt happen during play(only when it asks start button to be pushed so I can enter the game menu).In God of War when i push the start button it doesnt respond and I have to put it on hold and return it ,then it automatically enters the pause menu.But only in Fifa 11 the start buttons acts so crazy by triggering itself every 2 seconds..so I don`t think the problem comes from Fifa 11 but I can still try to delete it and see what happens...but I dont think that would be a successful solution.I should also tell u that I`ve tried Macrofire but it turned out to complicated and difficult for me to understand,but I could try again with the proper instructions.Would it be useful to tell u details in my GEN Recovery menu -> Configuration or other ?

actually in any other game than Fifa games (8,9,10,11) It doesnt pause during game,but when I push the home button (in any game) it is still stuck on `No`and cant move to `Yes`untill I put on hold and then back again,then Its fine.Should I downgrade or use Macrofire,and if I should use Macrofire,could someone guide me a little.